Dying Light freeze my pc

trollgame937

Hi,

So when i play dying light it randomly get stuck and it freeze completely my pc so i have to do an hard reset. When the pc is freezing the audio still go, like if i am listening to spotify it continue even  whenthe pc is freezed.

What is the problem?

PC COMPONENTS:

- i5 8600k

- GTX 1070

- 16 GB ram (2x4 and 1x8)

- z370 pro4

- tx 550m

Try downloading Speccy, and see if any components(GPU, RAM, etc) are running hotter than they should be. I've had Far Cry 5 freeze on me a few years ago, and that was because my mobo was running really hot, 95 degrees F. Do you have updated drivers for your graphics card? All I could think of off the top of my head.

Edit: Looking at your previous posts, this doesn't look like a game issue per se, but a hardware issue.

6 hours ago, trollgame937 said:

What is the problem?

Could be a number of things with this type of issue.

Do you monitor your temps and usages? Are things running cool/normal? Does it freeze on low graphic settings with fps capped to half of what you normally get? 

Have you checked to see if you have any Windows updates pending or ready to update? Have you tried updating drivers? GPU drivers? PCI drivers? Audio drivers?

Once you do all that, then look for hardware issues. A faulty hard drive, fans not spinning somewhere, etc, etc.

You can always open a ticket with the platform of which you are playing Dying Light on. Sometimes there's live help chat that can be of decent assistance.

11 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Could be a number of things with this type of issue.

Do you monitor your temps and usages? Are things running cool/normal? Does it freeze on low graphic settings with fps capped to half of what you normally get? 

Have you checked to see if you have any Windows updates pending or ready to update? Have you tried updating drivers? GPU drivers? PCI drivers? Audio drivers?

Once you do all that, then look for hardware issues. A faulty hard drive, fans not spinning somewhere, etc, etc.

You can always open a ticket with the platform of which you are playing Dying Light on. Sometimes there's live help chat that can be of decent assistance.

I don't think that is a temperature problem because the CPU is for the most of the time around 70°C and the GPU like 60°C

I had this problem since i've builded the PC (july 2018) with dying light and fortnite, but after a factory reset the broblem seems to be fixed, the problem was reappeared a week ago. I play at more intensive games like The division 2 or GR wildland without any problem

so i don't understand what is the problem

16 hours ago, ConfusedNewby said:

Try downloading Speccy, and see if any components(GPU, RAM, etc) are running hotter than they should be. I've had Far Cry 5 freeze on me a few years ago, and that was because my mobo was running really hot, 95 degrees F. Do you have updated drivers for your graphics card? All I could think of off the top of my head.

Edit: Looking at your previous posts, this doesn't look like a game issue per se, but a hardware issue.

i've fixed the problem that i had before with a factory reset and an ram upgrade so i don't think that the problem is the hardware.

I had this problem only with dying light wich is not too heavy game, i play at the division 2 at ultra without problems

6 minutes ago, trollgame937 said:

i've fixed the problem that i had before with a factory reset and an ram upgrade so i don't think that the problem is the hardware.

I had this problem only with dying light wich is not too heavy game, i play at the division 2 at ultra without problems

You can’t rule that out. Just use the Speccy program to be sure.

19 minutes ago, ConfusedNewby said:

You can’t rule that out. Just use the Speccy program to be sure.

I use msi afterburner and it say that the CPU around is 70°C and the GPU 60°/65°C

1 hour ago, trollgame937 said:

I use msi afterburner and it say that the CPU around is 70°C and the GPU 60°/65°C

32 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

All is updated, i've tried to use ddu for the driver but nothing.

Edit: Today i've recieved an windows 10 update and after this the game crashes but the pc still work, the error is "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" in the event viewer

34 minutes ago, trollgame937 said:

Edit: Today i've recieved an windows 10 update and after this the game crashes but the pc still work, the error is "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" in the event viewer

Go into your settings and then click on update and security. It may say Windows is up to date but you still have the option to click on check for updates. Click on that and see if Windows does another update. Keep doing this until it no longer updates your PC.

Quick question, do you by chance play Dying Light online? If so, have you ever picked up modded weapons?

Another question, have you by chance overclocked your GPU?