Case Recommendation

xFluing

I am looking to get a new case because I am currently lacking support for ceiling mounted fans. However, I'm looking specifically for open-front cases, similar to the Zalman S2, but looking for something of a somewhat higher quality.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

18 hours ago, xFluing said:

I'm looking specifically for open-front cases, similar to the Zalman S2, but looking for something of a somewhat higher quality.

We need a case Budget and location (country) to best be able to help you.

The Go-To for high quality Mesh front cases under $100 USD is the Fractal Design Meshify C. If you want three fans on the top instead of only two, the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG would be my recommendation.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

22 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

We need a case Budget and location (country) to best be able to help you.

The Go-To for high quality Mesh front cases under $100 USD is the Fractal Design Meshify C. If you want three fans on the top instead of only two, the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG would be my recommendation.

Budget would be somewhere around that yeah but I'm also looking for a case with lots of fans included, something like a Masterbox MB520. What I should have asked is if I would have any airflow issues with that Cooler Master case even though it seems that the front panel vents are large enough for the fans to breathe.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

1 minute ago, xFluing said:

Budget would be somewhere around that yeah but I'm also looking for a case with lots of fans included, something like a Masterbox MB520. What I should have asked is if I would have any airflow issues with that Cooler Master case even though it seems that the front panel vents are large enough for the fans to breathe.

A case with a fully front Mesh will have better airflow than a case with side vents, however depending on the side ventilation (how big the gaps are) you can actually get decent to good airflow from them. The MB520 has proper ventilation sizes but utilizes them poorly by mis-positioning the fans.

The MB511 RGB has a mesh front panel which negates the fact that the fans aernt position correctly for side vent intake since they can pull air directly from the front.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119356

If you really like the look of the MB520 you can use it, but I would recommend switching the fan locations so that they're inside the frame of the case. This gives them more room to pull air in and take better advantage of the airflow path.

11-119-357-V03.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 4/12/2019 at 4:45 PM, TVwazhere said:

A case with a fully front Mesh will have better airflow than a case with side vents, however depending on the side ventilation (how big the gaps are) you can actually get decent to good airflow from them. The MB520 has proper ventilation sizes but utilizes them poorly by mis-positioning the fans.

The MB511 RGB has a mesh front panel which negates the fact that the fans aernt position correctly for side vent intake since they can pull air directly from the front.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16811119356

If you really like the look of the MB520 you can use it, but I would recommend switching the fan locations so that they're inside the frame of the case. This gives them more room to pull air in and take better advantage of the airflow path.

11-119-357-V03.jpg

Well as long as I can easily move them on the inside of the case it shouldn't be a problem.

Nevermind that, I found an MB511 in stock thanks for the advice.