eGPU overseas on plane

theapplemaniac

Hello,

I'm planning to bring my eGPU enclosure with a 400W power supply and a RX 580 overseas from time to time. Should I have to bring it with me onto the plane or can I get it checked in? I don't want to risk airport authorities confiscating it. If I have it with me, do I have to take it out during security check? Am I even allowed to bring it on a plane?

(I fly on British airways)

Thanks, sorry for all the questions. ?

I think it will greatly depend on the airport and the staff that you are dealing with. 

As far as I know BA wouldn't have an issue with it, most likely as long as you don't show it to others on the plane (they might think its a bomb ngl) then it shouldn't be an issue 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

15 minutes ago, theapplemaniac said:

Hello,

I'm planning to bring my eGPU enclosure with a 400W power supply and a RX 580 overseas from time to time. Should I have to bring it with me onto the plane or can I get it checked in? I don't want to risk airport authorities confiscating it. If I have it with me, do I have to take it out during security check? Am I even allowed to bring it on a plane?

(I fly on British airways)

Thanks, sorry for all the questions. ?

I've taken entire desktops in my carry-on before. On one occasion, a desktop was my carry-on. I've gotten some weird looks and was once asked to open up the desktop so they could swab the inside (funny story all by itself), but it's never been a problem.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

42 minutes ago, YaBoiWill said:

I think it will greatly depend on the airport and the staff that you are dealing with. 

As far as I know BA wouldn't have an issue with it, most likely as long as you don't show it to others on the plane (they might think its a bomb ngl) then it shouldn't be an issue 

Would I have to take it out during security checks?

31 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I've taken entire desktops in my carry-on before. On one occasion, a desktop was my carry-on. I've gotten some weird looks and was once asked to open up the desktop so they could swab the inside (funny story all by itself), but it's never been a problem.

Am I not allowed to put my eGPU into my check in luggage?