Acer Predator XB271HU IPS vs XB271HUA TN

k3nnis

Hi All,

Please help me decide :)

They are around $100-$150 difference. - I'm in Australia.

My only concern is input lag and the response times.

Is the TN better in this regard?

I already have a 40" philips BDM4065UC which is a VA panel. But will use the acer exclusively for gaming.

I have a GTX 1070Ti and i7 9700K.

Thanks,
K.

Yes TN has less smearing and better response time as IPS, but because they are the same monitor the input time should be the same.

If it is only a gaming monitor then TN should be fine, but check out the viewing angles.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

2 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yes TN has less smearing and better response time as IPS, but because they are the same monitor the input time should be the same.

If it is only a gaming monitor then TN should be fine, but check out the viewing angles.

ok thanks. I will have the monitor toe in to face me, so hopefully this will be ok for the TN.

Modern IPS panel is better than TN in everyway..you dont have to worry about input lag let alone response time which is the no 1# specs u should ignore when buying a monitor because there is no standardization for it.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

10 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Modern IPS panel is better than TN in everyway..you dont have to worry about input lag let alone response time which is the no 1# specs u should ignore when buying a monitor because there is no standardization for it.

I wouldn't say that. They are both LCD's which deal with different problems of LCD screens.

TN/VA/IPS are all LCD, but fix a different aspect of that technology.

IPS still has IPS glow and blb and worse contrast than TN.

If you are comparing modern IPS you should compare it to Modern TN.

In conclusion every single LCD display technology has their own compromises, and i want a mLED display already.

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

I wouldn't say that. They are both LCD's which deal with different problems of LCD screens.

TN/VA/IPS are all LCD, but fix a different aspect of that technology.

IPS still has IPS glow and blb.

Ips glow is part of IPS it happen because of how ips panel work and just like blb it is hardly visible unless the monitor is displaying full/mostly black frames in a dark environment

That is the only drawback of modern ips panel aside from being more expensive.

Input lag is a thing of the past with modern IPS panel..IPS has come a long way..there is even a 240HZ ips panel.

Go for the TN is you want a high refresh rate 144HZ monitor as it is cheaper than 144hz IPS..if somehow they are at the same price then it will likely use a cheaply made IPS panel in which are no better/worse than the TN but will still retain its wide viewing angle.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, Hiya! said:

Ips glow is part of IPS it happen because of how ips panel work and just like blb it is hardly visible unless the monitor is displaying full/mostly black frames in a dark environment

That is the only drawback of modern ips panel aside from being more expensive.

Input lag is a thing of the past with modern IPS panel..IPS has come a long way..there is even a 240HZ ips panel.

Go for the TN is you want a high refresh rate 144HZ monitor as it is cheaper than 144hz IPS..if somehow they are at the same price then it will likely use a cheaply made IPS panel in which are no better/worse than the TN but will still retain its wide viewing angle.

Yeah i already want mLED (non organic OLED) displays, they were promised for last year, and they still aren't here. That way you have none of the LCD problems.

11 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yeah i already want mLED (non organic OLED) displays, they were promised for last year, and they still aren't here. That way you have none of the LCD problems.

Dont get excited yet..it might cost us a kidney or two..

I hope it wont..because its still use conventional GaN LED. But who knows..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Thanks guys. The 271HU ips is approx $100 or so more.

hmm tough choice :) problem is there are no shops who have both on display. 

May gamble with the TN since only for gaming.