Empty folder still on SSD after full format

RyzenRdn

Hi, there is an empty folder on my secondary SSD (WD Green) and there is no way of deleting it. I have even formatted it through both quick and full format and the folder is still present. Is there a way of getting rid of it or even hiding it without hiding other empty folders?

Many Thanks.

Capture.PNG

Delete partition, create partition again? Then there's the possibility that the part where the file is written in has become read only. 

3 minutes ago, RyzenRdn said:

Hi, there is an empty folder on my secondary SSD (WD Green) and there is no way of deleting it. I have even formatted it through both quick and full format and the folder is still present. Is there a way of getting rid of it or even hiding it without hiding other empty folders?

I would assume that something is creating the folder there at boot.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

1 minute ago, Snipeon said:

Then there's the possibility that the part where the file is written in has become read only. 

That's not how filesystems work.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I'm on @WereCatf 's side on that one. Looks to be a folder that's automatically created by the game, for save data, mods or whatever other purpose. Is the game or Steam running in the background ?

Change the drive letter, see if it's still being recreated.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

14 hours ago, WereCatf said:

That's not how filesystems work.

I meant that as in the ssd has exhausted its write cycles, just so nice on that part. But well, your explanation makes more sense.