Best PC Game Story, thus far?

Lachrymal

Watching a few youtube videos in on Heavy Rain had me hooked on the story. Perhaps the characters are relative to true life and not some half fantasy/sci-fi Michael Bay crap that has taken over the game industry. I stopped myself from finishing the full gameplay because I wanted to play for myself when I switch to pc.....then I realized it was PS3 only. :(

What great PC story games can I look forward to once my build is complete? A story that has captured you the most.....

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I like the Tomb Raider story so far. Even though I suck at the game terribly.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Max Payne, a bit of Tomb Raider, GTA IV, Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault < one of the best... That's just form the top of my head...

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Bioshock Infinite was a trip. Because I love Quantum Physics. 

Dark Souls' story was awesome. You have to look for it, but when you find it... it blind sides you. And that's 30% of why it's awesome.

To the Moon would be my personal favorite. Simply because... it hit close to home. Very close.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Watching a few youtube videos in on Heavy Rain had me hooked on the story. Perhaps the characters are relative to true life and not some half fantasy/sci-fi Michael Bay crap that has taken over the game industry. I stopped myself from finishing the full gameplay because I wanted to play for myself when I switch to pc.....then I realized it was PS3 only. :(

What great PC story games can I look forward to once my build is complete? A story that has captured you the most.....

it's funny you say that because for me the best story has to be 'Between two souls' made by the same developer.  I  know how you feel.  I too wanted to play it on pc soooo bad but unfortunately it's a Sony exclusive.  :(

borderlands 2 has a very interesting story and i love the all the characters even handsome jack

dishonored story was good

play Dragon Age : Origins  and the Mass Effect trilogy, both great stories

Far cry 3 had a above avargae story but the charecters make the game great AKA vaas

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

crash bandicoot 2 and his great journey to find a battery for coco's laptop which he may have forgot about like 2seconds into the game

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

Metro Last Light(I have to admit visual fidelity really incresed immersion in story), Far Cry 3,Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect Series

CPU:Intel Core i7-3770k@4.5Ghz |GPU: EVGA GTX 670 FTW B) Signature 2 |Motherboard: MSI Mpower Z77 Big Bang |RAM: 16GB G.skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 MHz |HDD: WD 2TB|Case: Corsair Obsidian 800DPSU: Corsair TX850|MouseLogitech G400 + Steelseries Qck Heavy |Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow |Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p :rolleyes: |Headies: CM Storm Sirus S 5.1 

Bioshock Infinite was a trip. Because I love Quantum Physics. 

This. Also, I love the half life and portal series (a little Valve fanboyism).

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

anything from console ie fallout new vegas battlefield will be better on pc because of the gpu you install

anything from console ie fallout new vegas battlefield will be better on pc because of the gpu you install

Um, so how would you rate Battlefield and Fallout NV's story? Compelling?

No stroking of the PC ego needed.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color

I really liked portal 1

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Um, so how would you rate Battlefield and Fallout NV's story? Compelling?

No stroking of the PC ego needed.

same as console fallout ive only played 10 mins of it so i cant judge on that battle field i can say its a bit more challenging going from a console to pc

same as console fallout ive only played 10 mins of it so i cant judge on that battle field i can say its a bit more challenging going from a console to pc

Yeah, I'm not restricting it to PC exclusive games. Just as long as it's available on pc.

Yeah, I'm not restricting it to PC exclusive games. Just as long as it's available on pc.

what im saying is either you buy a game on xbox ps or pc the story the same the only thing that will change is the graphics

what im saying is either you buy a game on xbox ps or pc the story the same the only thing that will change is the graphics

.....Ok.....So, all you had to say was Fallout NV and Battlefield 4. 

I may have complicated things by mentioning building my first pc. Nevermind that......

Bioshock Infinite's story left me speechless for days. 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

The Half-Life series (including Black Mesa), Portal 1 & 2, Max Payne 1 & 2, Metro Last Light, Spec Ops: The Line, The Walking Dead Season 1 & 2, and The Wolf Among Us.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

.....Ok.....So, all you had to say was Fallout NV and Battlefield 4. 

I may have complicated things by mentioning building my first pc. Nevermind that......

no i just used them as exsamples simply way to say if you put  a nascar onto a rally track with a car built and setup for rally is the nascar a rally car?

Call of duty Ghosts

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

People can say what they want but crysis 1-3 was amazing. 3 left me in tears

FC3

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015