1803 vs 1809 spinning dots

homeap5

Well, it's not really a problem, it's just curiosity.

I noticed on few computers that 1809 is booting a little slower than previous versions of Windows. And it doesn't matter if it's clean install or update or whatever.

It's not that it is much slower, but for example - on 1803 version on computer that shows only beginning of spinning dots, now shows one full spin on 1809 version.

I know, that is not important at all - who cares about one or two seconds more, right? But I'm curious - anyone noticed any small slow down with boot on 1809?

8 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Well, it's not really a problem, it's just curiosity.

I noticed on few computers that 1809 is booting a little slower than previous versions of Windows. And it doesn't matter if it's clean install or update or whatever.

It's not that it is much slower, but for example - on 1803 version on computer that shows only beginning of spinning dots, now shows one full spin on 1809 version.

I know, that is not important at all - who cares about one or two seconds more, right? But I'm curious - anyone noticed any small slow down with boot on 1809?

My boot time has actually increased by 1.5 seconds going to 1809 from 1803 so I got no idea other than our hardware is different.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

4 minutes ago, kirashi said:

My boot time has actually increased by 1.5 seconds going to 1809 from 1803 so I got no idea other than our hardware is different.

Boot time - maybe. I noticed that after spinning dots may be a little faster. I'm only talking about that spinning dots (first ones).

Just now, homeap5 said:

Boot time - maybe. I noticed that after spinning dots may be a little faster. I'm only talking about that spinning dots (first ones).

That could be anything.  Don't forget we've had Spectre and Meltdown patches since 1803 

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

4 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Personally my old XL2720T doesn't fire up fast enough to notice the dots lol

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

45 minutes ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

That could be anything.  Don't forget we've had Spectre and Meltdown patches since 1803 

I thought that 1803 was patched too. Good to know.

15 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

I thought that 1803 was patched too. Good to know.

Yeah it was, but i'm sure M$ did a few more tweaks before the 1809 patch.  It's not like you fix a problem in program and not throw up a butt load of new ones

It's probably just simple hardware differences and Windows reacting to it accordingly. I haven't really noticed any difference (my rig's on my profile) but you may have slight differences on your rigs.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Oh, in my case system loads much longer than just one spin. :) 4 HDD, 2 SSD, audio card, additional sata / usb pci-e controller etc. I have about 4 spins (most because that sata controller). But I saw this on other computers.