PCIe eGPU enclosure

ive been looking for the last week and have not been able to find what im looking for

im looking to have a single pcie x16 slot broken into four 4x slots comming out the rear of case and connect a separate chassis via the motherboard io cutout.

the pcb in the case is atx in size for compatibility with cases and to allow for at least 3 (maybe 4) gpus with one slot spacing inbetween.

most likely will connect with SFF8640 cables (.5 to 1m)

if anyone knew where i could get such pcb interconnect or if i could get one made your help would be muchly appreciated 

Normally these boxes work by have having a plx switch in the reciving end, that normally works better for gpu compute.

There are boxes made for gpus around like this one https://www.onestopsystems.com/product/4u-value-10-slot-gpu-accelerator-system

But its a pretty specialized product, so there pretty rare and expensive. Nvidia make some ones about 10 years ago that you can use with some modding.

But normally, its much better to just get a server than can hold the gpus you want to use.

8 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Normally these boxes work by have having a plx switch in the reciving end, that normally works better for gpu compute.

There are boxes made for gpus around like this one https://www.onestopsystems.com/product/4u-value-10-slot-gpu-accelerator-system

But its a pretty specialized product, so there pretty rare and expensive. Nvidia make some ones about 10 years ago that you can use with some modding.

But normally, its much better to just get a server than can hold the gpus you want to use.

I was looking to add a few GPU's for gaming vms on my home server and as some sort of dedicated steam link PC and trail other remote gaming software with friends.i has gotten a quote from cyclone micro systems for around $2000 usd I'm looking to spend around 800.i did think about some sort of plex implementation but the larger chips maybe abit more pricey I was happy with either the slot adapter having the breakout plex chip onboarding or using the slot bifurcation in the the super micro motherboard. 

16 hours ago, mineblaster said:

I was looking to add a few GPU's for gaming vms on my home server and as some sort of dedicated steam link PC and trail other remote gaming software with friends.i has gotten a quote from cyclone micro systems for around $2000 usd I'm looking to spend around 800.i did think about some sort of plex implementation but the larger chips maybe abit more pricey I was happy with either the slot adapter having the breakout plex chip onboarding or using the slot bifurcation in the the super micro motherboard. 

If you just want more gpu's, it would probably be cheaper to just get a server that is made to have gpus or get a second server for gpu uses.

Whats are the sepcs of the current server? You can get normal 4u case and put 3 gpus in it, and get multiple systems if you need more gpus.

You can also get gpus that can power multiple vms

@Electronics Wizardy

I currently have a dual 2670 xeons with a a couple of 10g nics and a couple of lsi 9207 and an nvme drive for caching for running plex and home storage all squashed into a 2u case running server 2016.

Also mulipule vms on a single GPU .tell me more...

20190404_181741.jpg

20190404_181750.jpg

17 hours ago, mineblaster said:

@Electronics Wizardy

I currently have a dual 2670 xeons with a a couple of 10g nics and a couple of lsi 9207 and an nvme drive for caching for running plex and home storage all squashed into a 2u case running server 2016.

Also mulipule vms on a single GPU .tell me more...

Nice server

Really, id just get a second server to run the gpus off of. Get a 4u atx case or simmilar and you can easily fit 3 gpus.

For multile vms on a single gpu look at sr-iov, you need special gpus though.