Thermal Paste question

So im going to build my new PC next week.

I have these available to purchase locally, which one should I go with?

Arctic MX-4, Corsair TM30, Noctua NT-H1 Hybrid and Zalman Super Thermal Grease ZM-STG2.

Any actual difference between those?

13 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What about the stock paste? 

You're spending 8$ to lose 1 or 2 degrees

i disagree..better paste not only have better conductivity which is a good thing but it will also last longer.

$8 imo is a good investment

OP go for the MX4

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

I have experience with MX4 and NT-H1 and in my experience, the MX4 yielded same temps at a lower price point.

I agree with @Hiya! good thermal paste is a must, if that stuff leaks out(Which can happen) and shorts something its best to pay $8 rather than what ever was paid for your board.

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

6 minutes ago, Bravo1cc said:

I agree with @Hiya! good thermal paste is a must, if that stuff leaks out(Which can happen) and shorts something its best to pay $8 rather than what ever was paid for your board.

most paste are non conductive so its not a problem. the problem with stock paste is while they are not neccessarily bad or anything but still not as good as aftermarket paste in terms of conductivity is that they will lose their conductivity much faster..and no one likes to replace a paste. its just a tedious thing to do

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

On 3/29/2019 at 5:37 PM, StayKrafty said:

I have experience with MX4 and NT-H1 and in my experience, the MX4 yielded same temps at a lower price point.

On 3/29/2019 at 5:33 PM, Hiya! said:

i disagree..better paste not only have better conductivity which is a good thing but it will also last longer.

$8 imo is a good investment

OP go for the MX4

Just bought the MX4

The cashier said, "Wouldn't you prefer the Noctua? It's better" and I was like nah it's fine and he said "aight just giving my recommendation as a technician" :))

4 minutes ago, Vibora said:

The cashier said, "Wouldn't you prefer the Noctua? It's better" and I was like nah it's fine and he said "aight just giving my recommendation as a technician" :))

Part of that could be the cashier wanting you to spend more money. The MX-4 is an excellent thermal compound for the money.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

7 hours ago, Vibora said:

Just bought the MX4

She just want to sell u out lel

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I can say that Noctua paste is incredibly easy to work with.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

I actually like Noctua NT-H1 as its easy to apply and remove, MX4 is also good too.

Pick your poison!