Improvements on PC Build

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

no problem

anything else i can help with?

Maybe, i compared the RAM 3200 vs 3000 mhz. Pricewise its kinda simular but im curious wether or not it actually reaches the speeds it says. Ive read things about needing to change things manually to get to those speeds. As im not really looking to OC or whatever, shouldn't I just get 3000 Mhz, or does that have the same issue but to get to 3000.

2 minutes ago, tfvanh said:

Maybe, i compared the RAM 3200 vs 3000 mhz. Pricewise its kinda simular but im curious wether or not it actually reaches the speeds it says. Ive read things about needing to change things manually to get to those speeds. As im not really looking to OC or whatever, shouldn't I just get 3000 Mhz, or does that have the same issue but to get to 3000.

3000 mhz can normally go up to 3200 too, but the performance difference on intel is little. I personally have trident z (black/white) at 3200 mhz according to specs, but i'm running it at 3500 mhz daily

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

3000 mhz can normally go up to 3200 too, but the performance difference on intel is little. I personally have trident z (black/white) at 3200 mhz according to specs, but i'm running it at 3500 mhz daily

Pricewise im pretty sure it was simular, so i'll go for 3200 mhz then and leave it as it is.

2 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

What country are we looking at for price comparison?

the netherlands

24 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

What country are we looking at for price comparison?

the netherlands

best website to look at is tweakers.net

A quick look at Netherlands Newegg produced this:

Nitro+ Vega 64:

https://www.newegg.com/global/nl-en/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202321&Description=vega 64&cm_re=vega_64-_-14-202-321-_-Product

The Vega 64 is a nice GPU for 1440p gaming, and that particular cooler is actually top tier. This would be somewhere between a 10-15% performance increase with a better potential for an OC. The cooler on the 2060 listed is also pretty high grade, but this would be a reasonable step up in both regards for a cash savings. 

As for your CPU, if you do intend to use this as a workhorse, I DO recommend Ryzen, since its multi core performance is a tad stronger (just as its single core is a tad weaker.) The Ryzen 5 2600 is a distinct competitor (and in some ways an improvement) to the 9600k, since the intel chip doesn't support hyperthreading and the Ryzen chip does support SMT. You're looking at a 6 thread vs a 12 thread for workflow purposes at half of the price.

The chipset will be usable until 2020, so if you decided to upgrade the CPU in the future, it would be an easy route! AND Ryzen will utilize/appreciate your nice, fast 3200mhz dual channel RAM more effectively. 

R5 2600:

https://www.newegg.com/global/nl-en/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113496&Description=ryzen 5 2600&cm_re=ryzen_5_2600-_-19-113-496-_-Product

A note on the 3000 vs 3200 RAM, I've seen fairly similar results from both, and occasionally better results when OCing the 3000 to 3200 than out of a straight 3200. In case there is temptation, don't go OVER 3200mhz. The cas latency and timings start to degrade (increase in this case.) with each step up as you'll see if you compare. 

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

the netherlands

best website to look at is tweakers.net

Oh NOW you tell me :P

6 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Oh NOW you tell me :P

'''The budget I have about 1500 euro's purchasing the parts in the Netherlands,''' has always been in the OP though xD

3 minutes ago, tfvanh said:

'''The budget I have about 1500 euro's purchasing the parts in the Netherlands,''' has always been in the OP though xD

To be fair, I did read the OP fully, but it's a hefty chunk of post!

I was just joking around about the website he listed

2 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

To be fair, I did read the OP fully, but it's a hefty chunk of post!

I was just joking around about the website he listed

Haha true :P

5 minutes ago, tfvanh said:

Haha true :P

For real though, check that Vega 64 link. It's a good buy.

55 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

For real though, check that Vega 64 link. It's a good buy.

appreciate the tip, but im very nvidia fanboy XD cant help it, like the software/ experience