Want to know is it worth it to change my graphics card

MisterZange

Hello , u woule like to get advice. So firstly , is it worth it changing my graphics card to rtx ?  . Secondly im considering to sell all my rig  . It would be also nice to know how much my rig worth. Gtx 1060 msi gaming x 6 g , intel core i5 8600 k , 16 gb ram ( 2 x 4gb kingston fury ddr4 2400 , 1x8 gb corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 2666) , motherboard ( asrock b360mpro4 ) , cooling ( cooler master hyper 212 red ) , psu( cooler master masterwatt 700w ) . Monitor benq zowie xl2411p

Is your current GPU Lagging Behind? What resolution you play on? What kind of FPS do you want? What games do you play ?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Well you need to decide whether you want a computer or not first. If you sell your entire system, you won't have a system to buy a new graphics card for.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

If you sell your entire rig, you'd be losing more money. You'd probably sell that rig for like 600-700 USD. Which is enough to buy 
1. RTX 2060 + Ryzen5/7 or Intel and that's about it, you wont have enough money for the other components.
2. rtx 2060+ well. you wouldn't have any money left for anything, you might as well just upgrade.

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)
GPU: Evga GTX 1060 3gb (STOCK)
RAM: Geil Potenza 8gb 
SSD/HDD: WD green 120gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD
MOBO: Asus x470-Plus Gaming
PSU: Evga SuperNova 650 P2
Cooling: Antec 120mm liquid cooler

Well, you have an 8600k in a B series board which is pointless because you can't OC, so you could sell it and get an i7 8700. That's the only thing I would sell other than the graphics card, because the platform is fine. Upgrading to something like a 2060 for max details 144Hz is a good move.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

rtx 2060 is 50% faster on the technical side. you consider if that is good enough for you.. with a 2070 you have almost a 100% improvement over your 1060. 
I have a 1060 3 gb and considering 1080 or 2070 gain good enough to change but that won't be for next year since the 1060 works almost at a 100% satisfaction in my games

I think no, as your is the best. It will be so pity if you sell it. It is faster and more reliable then the other ones. If you sell and then buy another one you will lose money.

44 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

with a 2070 you have almost a 100% improvement over your 1060

on synth benchmarks

on games you'll have like 10 extra fps which is stupid considering the price.

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

~400€ for a Card with only 6GiB VRAM doesn't seem like a good deal at all.

You should look at other offers - like VEGA56 for example, wich don't have the VRAM Problem in a way the other Cards do have it, if you need more than 8GiB VRAM. And that is a hard PLUS for the Card and a NEGATIVE on the RTX, wich will come to bite you in the end...

As said, there will be a new AMD CPU in a couple of weeks, wich is said to be pretty good.

And also a new AMD GPU Generation should be released later this year around summer.

So I'd wait if possible as the upcoming AMD GPUs are said to have rather low prices...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

2 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Is your current GPU Lagging Behind? What resolution you play on? What kind of FPS do you want? What games do you play ?

Gpu not lagging at all . My res is 1920x1080 . GTA V for now , dont have much time to play , only weekends because im serving. What games should i try ? 

2 hours ago, Esus said:

If you sell your entire rig, you'd be losing more money. You'd probably sell that rig for like 600-700 USD. Which is enough to buy 
1. RTX 2060 + Ryzen5/7 or Intel and that's about it, you wont have enough money for the other components.
2. rtx 2060+ well. you wouldn't have any money left for anything, you might as well just upgrade.

So i guess its not worth it . Im thar kind of people who wants to get best performance and quality for cheapest price. Oh also looking forward to future if i am going to sell my rig later , i ll get much more smaller price than you mentioned .

As far as i know the games are nicely running on 10 series , but im curious,  what will happen after 1 year , i hope game developers wont start to reconfigure their engines for 20 series . It would be very bad as long as im in 10 series. To mention im not playing so much , but im just thinking . 

2 hours ago, aezakmi said:

on synth benchmarks

there is a whole lot more going on then only the 10 fps… Stuff like better outlining, smarter antialiasing.. better pixelation … i have a 770 1050ti and a 1060 3gb lying around and i did test them casually. i usually compare with a total war game since that is mah gameseries of choice and it is noteworty. The 770 for example is a lot stronger then the 1050ti 23% i believe on the technical side but the 1050 has way more impact on shading, colours and antitaliasing. It can't handle antialias x2 high but the fxaa mode is stronger then the 770's. If you take the 1060 in the comparrison ( which is 35% faster then the 770 ) the card almost looks like a giant compared to the other 2 cards 

3 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

rtx 2060 is 50% faster on the technical side. you consider if that is good enough for you.. with a 2070 you have almost a 100% improvement over your 1060. 
I have a 1060 3 gb and considering 1080 or 2070 gain good enough to change but that won't be for next year since the 1060 works almost at a 100% satisfaction in my games

Did I just hear that right? A 2060 is 50% slower than than a 2070? I assume that they release the 2060 and 2070 on pluto and over there they have a 50% gap in performance. As far as Planet Earth is concerned there's a 20% improvement at best usually.

Anyways...

You could do with a gpu, yes. But I wouldn't go from a 1060 to a 1660/1660ti. What I would do is forget about buying one for now and wait until Navi comes along. It should offer 1080/2070 level performance for around $300. Don't buy the 2070. It's a joke for the price. It hardly leaps ahead of the 2060, and it costs 150 more. And the 2060 doesn't solve any problems either, because it only has 6gb vram which is criminal as far as I'm concerned.

There is no point wasting $300 on a card that gives you 30% more performance, it's such a waste. Just wait till amd navi and spend then.

1 hour ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Did I just hear that right? A 2060 is 50% slower than than a 2070? I assume that they release the 2060 and 2070 on pluto and over there they have a 50% gap in performance. As far as Planet Earth is concerned there's a 20% improvement at best usually.

Well not exactly … I usually look at the benches delivered by userbenchmark. My choice was as opposed to the 1060 3gb. the 2060 is actually 63% faster and the 2070 98% faster… still the difference between 2060 and 2070 seems to be 22% according to the figured delivered by that which seem to be an average of cards benched using the software from userbenchmark 

5 hours ago, aezakmi said:

on synth benchmarks

It is 10fps faster if 1060 gets 20fps you're right. 

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo