6700K and Corsair H115i High Temps

Hello,

I have as you can see from the title 6700K and H115i. it is really bugging me as it goes to 100C with the tiniest load possible. I have checked everything possible and the issue is still there. Changed the thermal paste, changed fan layout, open panel, close panel, setting on high performance. It amazes me how it is just going this high while doing simple tasks and utilization around 10%. Where I live, it is hot as hell so I even turn on the AC and point it at the PC and it's not helping one bit. The surprising thing is, my old rig which is i7 920 "Notorious for running HOT" is right now on a STOCK Intel cooler and does not exceed 70C.

I NEED HELP

I seriously have no idea what else to do, I have looked everywhere for this problem and still have not found a solution that did anything to me situation.

Thanks in advance for any tips

1 minute ago, Remy D. Marquis said:

Hello,

I have as you can see from the title 6700K and H115i. it is really bugging me as it goes to 100C with the tiniest load possible. I have checked everything possible and the issue is still there. Changed the thermal paste, changed fan layout, open panel, close panel, setting on high performance. It amazes me how it is just going this high while doing simple tasks and utilization around 10%. Where I live, it is hot as hell so I even turn on the AC and point it at the PC and it's not helping one bit. The surprising thing is, my old rig which is i7 920 "Notorious for running HOT" is right now on a STOCK Intel cooler and does not exceed 70C.

I NEED HELP

I seriously have no idea what else to do, I have looked everywhere for this problem and still have not found a solution that did anything to me situation.

Thanks in advance for any tips

What voltage does the cpu run at and is your aio pump working?

8700K @ 5.2ghz 1.29V, 4x8 Rev.E @ 4040 13-20-20-39 1.7V.

The pump is running as far as I could tell. The CPU is overclocked using the ASUS motherboard wizard so it is not even pushed to any limits Plus, I changed the settings in windows power options to run as low as possible which is why you will see it in the screenshot as 800-esh hertz.

The fans are running on the case controller by the way

Also I have tried without overclocking and the results are the same.

Annotation 2019-03-24 121310.png

"The CPU is overclocked using the ASUS motherboard wizard so it is not even pushed to any limits"

"1.472V"

you can only pick one

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

"The CPU is overclocked using the ASUS motherboard wizard so it is not even pushed to any limits"

"1.472V"

sure

It can go higher.... still I lowered it and the same thing so,,,,

It can go higher.... still I lowered it and the same thing so,,,,

1.475V is ridiculously high with 14nm processors and can cause degradation, you do know that?

Keep it under 1.4V for the best results, although anything under 1.42V is likely fine

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

1.475V is ridiculously high with 14nm processors, you do know that?

yes but like I said, it is the same situation even on stock settings.

10 minutes ago, Remy D. Marquis said:

The pump is running as far as I could tell. The CPU is overclocked using the ASUS motherboard wizard so it is not even pushed to any limits Plus, I changed the settings in windows power options to run as low as possible which is why you will see it in the screenshot as 800-esh hertz.

The fans are running on the case controller by the way

Also I have tried without overclocking and the results are the same.

Annotation 2019-03-24 121310.png

In bios its sitting at 28W and operating at 46C, This is actually quite a good result and shows that it probably isn't an issue with the cooler. Your issue sure is very strange. It could be that you are running a positive LLC value which under load is rasing your voltage past idle (1.472V) into something like 1.55V-1.65V, this could be why you are seeing such high temps. BTW <1.5V is not VERY BAD, >1.5V IS VERY BAD. RIP CPU.

Is your cpu delided? btw

5 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Keep it under 1.4V for the best results, although anything under 1.42V is likely fine

I just did and ran a benchmark, goes to 100 immediately. I know a benchmark stresses the CPU but it really shouldn't hit 100 this quickly.

3 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

In bios its sitting at 28W and operating at 46C, This is actually quite a good result and shows that it probably isn't an issue with the cooler. Your issue sure is very strange.

The weirdest thing is that it just jumps up to 100 randomly. Say I was watching a video, it would throttle and hit the 100C mark with as little utilization as 10-15%,, I'll be generous 30%

1 minute ago, alatron978 said:

Is your cpu delided? btw

nope, I want to do it but I feel my skill set will brick it.

I just did and ran a benchmark, goes to 100 immediately. I know a benchmark stresses the CPU but it really shouldn't hit 100 this quickly.

The weirdest thing is that it just jumps up to 100 randomly. Say I was watching a video, it would throttle and hit the 100C mark with as little utilization as 10-15%,, I'll be generous 30%

That would be expected with that high of a voltage not being delided.

Just now, alatron978 said:

That would be expected with that high of a voltage not being delided.

I did run it on stock and the same thing happens

I did run it on stock and the same thing happens

With less voltage? and cmos cleared.

32 minutes ago, alatron978 said:

which asus board?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero

Dead pump? Check in iCue or Corsair Link if the pump is definetly running or touch it and see if it vibrates

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 3090 OC Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz CL17

CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capillex Storage: Samsung 980 Pro and 970 Evo 1TB Samsung 860 EVO 1TB Crucial MX300 525GB WD Black 2TB PSU: Corsair HX1000 Case: Corsair 500D SE RGB 6x LL120

5 hours ago, racer243l said:

Dead pump? Check in iCue or Corsair Link if the pump is definetly running or touch it and see if it vibrates

Corsair link shows it is working and I can feel the vibrations when I touch it.