Rockstar says they can't detect I ever had a legitimate rank in GTA V Online

Kawaii Koneko

Yeah, so despite having GTA V on the PS4 and PC, I decided to start playing online on my 360. Why? I only had a handful of achievements left and I figured I would get them lol.

Anyway, I bought the game on release day and began playing a little online when it launched. I probably played a bit within that first year and never touched it again. I made it to around rank 53 or 63, I can't remember which.

Well, last gen consoles are nothing but modder central for GTA V now. It's horrible. I find a different lobby when I notice one but things happen fast sometimes. So some random modder teleported me to him and before I could really react, he boosted my rank all the way up to 120. I didn't want the boost. I'm a legit player but what was I supposed to do? The damage was done. I thought about contacting RS but I didn't.

Well, a day or so later, I get teleported again and this time the modder dropped me to rank 1 with -1,000,000 RP. So this time I contacted RS. I opened a ticket and they got back to me saying that I had no detectable legit rank to reset me to. I've e-mailed back explaining the situation in more detail but have yet to hear back.

So am I just crap out of luck here? Did the modder somehow bonk everything up so now it looks like I wasn't playing legit? My Googling shows that people get their ranks fixed with normality whenever a modder resets them but since I was boosted first, I'm wondering if it just screwed everything up.

I know, it is a bit crappy I only contactected them when the modder screwed me but to be fair, I wasn't exactly happy when they boosted me either. It took the satisfaction out of earning the 100 rank achievement. 

I asked the rep to at least reset my RP to zero so I can start leveling again. I don't mind that much having to work my way back up the level chain but -1,000,000 RP is pretty much impossible to crawl my way out of given that I can't even trigger missions anymore.

If they refuse to help, should I just wait a few days and try to open a new ticket and hope I get a more understanding rep?

EDIT: Why not create a new character if I don't mind leveling again? Well, I did, just to earn some cash while I try to fix the situation but the problem with a new character is that award progress doesn't carry over. I was about halfway to 30 platinums for the achievement and pretty close with some others. I really don't want to start all over again on these platinums...

Also, please note that I have never joined a modded lobby or done anything myself to cheat. I earned my original rank the honest way and the 120 rank was forced on me.

R* have a zero-tolerance approach. 

So if one support agent says no, so will any other. 

So yeah, I think you're shit outta luck on this one.

EDIT: Was rank 150 or so, legit from start, one modder decides he wants to give me money in a session where it was just me and him, I get banned... Nothing you can do /shrug

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

1 minute ago, wANKER said:

R* have a zero-tolerance approach. 

So if one support agent says no, so will any other. 

So yeah, I think you're shit outta luck on this one.

EDIT: Was rank 150 or so, legit from start, one modder decides he wants to give me money in a session where it was just me and him, I get banned... Nothing you can do /shrug

A zero tolerance policy for people who get trolled by modders because RS just said f last gen. I mean, I guess it isn't totally their fault as MS seems to have mostly given up the fight on keeping the 360 locked down but still. This is ridiculous.

The least they could do is reset my RP. I mean, it is clear a modder screwed me because how else would I have -1,000,000 RP. It isn't like I did it to myself.

I just want to get these achievements and be done with the 360 version. I'm so close...

I find this weird. Usually they give you a 30 day suspension and character reset for the first offense. Second offense is a longer time suspended (and another reset) and third time they just outright ban you (personal experience). I don't see why at the very least they would give you a temp and reset. Or at least a reset, with the mindset of "this player was modding, lets teach him a lesson". Cock* never ceases to piss me the fuck off.

I don't know much about the peasant world *cough* I mean console. But on PC, as long as you do not use the Steam version, you're pretty much free to mod to your heart's content. Provided you don't do obvious things, that is. That means when you get money drops you can bank it without worry. Small RP jumps aren't that bad either. In your case of going from 50's to 120, that would usually just go unnoticed. When giving yourself cash using a mod menue, if you don't use the option that puts it right in the bank, you can give yourself whatever you want (I think there is a legit limit just like in single player).

So at the end of the day, it looks like you'll just have to grab a mod menue you trust (I don't know if Dark works on console) and fix it yourself.

11 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I find this weird. Usually they give you a 30 day suspension and character reset for the first offense. Second offense is a longer time suspended (and another reset) and third time they just outright ban you (personal experience). I don't see why at the very least they would give you a temp and reset. Or at least a reset, with the mindset of "this player was modding.

I agree this is very weird. Like I said, I only recently picked the 360 version up again. Modding wasn't nearly the big deal it was back at launch as it is now and that was when I played it. So I know I never had any issues with modders until now. My bump and then reset were my only encounters that actually changed anything. All my other recent modder encounters have just been with them trolling and killing with fire bullets, things like that. Thankfully, I've never even received any money.

They say I have no legit rank on record but that means it somehow shows that I modded from rank one or this modder messed me up bad. Idk.

So at the end of the day, it looks like you'll just have to grab a mod menu you trust (I don't know if Dark works on console) and fix it yourself.

I don't think I'm willing to resort to that level. This is on my main XBox account that I have had for over nine years. I'm just not willing to risk losing it. I'd rather just start over on the platinum awards or totally give up on the achievements for the 360 version.

17 minutes ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I agree this is very weird. Like I said, I only recently picked the 360 version up again. Modding wasn't nearly the big deal it was back at launch as it is now and that was when I played it. So I know I never had any issues with modders until now. My bump and then reset were my only encounters that actually changed anything. All my other recent modder encounters have just been with them trolling and killing with fire bullets, things like that. Thankfully, I've never even received any money.

They say I have no legit rank on record but that means it somehow shows that I modded from rank one or this modder messed me up bad. Idk.

I don't think I'm willing to resort to that level. This is on my main XBox account that I have had for over nine years. I'm just not willing to risk losing it. I'd rather just start over on the platinum awards or totally give up on the achievements for the 360 version.

Well you may want to make friends with a nice modder and have them give you at least your old rank back. If I did anything with console I'd help you out, but I'm only on PC (I still need to get myself a new menue. lol). It's actually been more "peaceful" on PC since the game came out. LOTS less modders but still they exist. It used to be every lobby had at least a couple modders, but usually they either were just doing their own thing, or being heroes and dropping money. You did have the griefers, which are the ones that seem to have stayed more so than anyone else who mods. So the game can still be hella annoying at times.

So, I sent RS a screenshot of my -1,000,000 RP with my response yesterday and when I logged into the game just now, I received a message that they had restored my rank! My first character is now 56.

I checked my e-mail and they responded to my response from yesterday and thanked me for providing the screenshot because it helped them understand the situation better.

Here is the thing though, in the e-mail, they said they restored my legitimate rank. What? In the first e-mail they said I had no detectable legit rank... Whatever. I'm just happy they fixed it so I don't have to grind out my awards. This should speed up my achievement hunting quite a bit.

So I'm quite happy here. RS support was pretty snappy in responding. It was less than 24 hours between each e-mail and although my initial communication was disheartening, providing them with a screenshot helped. I think I'm going to set my capture device back up so I can provide video evidence in case something happens in the future.