KVM / Splitter for HDMI and USB

NewTimes

Hey everyone it's my first time in this forum and I hope that this thread is right in peripherals.

So I've got a Desktop PC and a MacBook and want to use the same monitor, keyboard and mouse (as well a minijack for headphones but not really necessary) for both PC's and I don't want to change always the cables. 
I've googled a bit and found to options, first is a KVM that cost about 100€ and the second option is a hdmi splitter and a usb splitter, both cost about 30€.

Are there any alternatives to this two solutions and which would you guys recomend me.
Thanks, Phil :)

What monitor do you have I know some of LGs monitors allow you to have 4 different devices plugged in on a single monitor. As you can see from the image you can have up to 4 inputs displayed on the monitor. I don't think it is possible to have the same keyboard and mouse control 2 different devices. 

LG-Monitor-4Screensplit.jpg

My monitor is a BENQ GL2460. I know that my monitor has got a DVI-D and HDMI input so maybe I could use that for the screen and then just a USB splitter?
EDIT: I don't need to see the screens at the same time. It's just that I don't have to always change the cables.

for keyboard - mouse I would suggest something that can support multiple devices and switch devices on the fly. Logitech g613 and logitech mx master 2s are some good options. I have the g613 and there is no noticeable delay when switching on devices.
For monitor I would suggest using a hdmi switch. Not a spliter. A hdmi switch has multiple ports for input and one for output. That's actually what you need. Input signal from different devices and output a single signal to a monitor. Can't "see" (can't find the right word right now :P) both computers at the same time but with a single press of a button you can switch from which cable/source you input signal and output it on the monitor (you can select which computer's screen you want to see at any given time). I am using a hdmi switch on my main monitor and change between my pc and laptop depending on which device I have to work.

CPU Intel i5-4690k | Motherboard Asus Maximus VII Ranger | RAM Kingston HyperX fury 8gb (2x4gb) | GPU sapphire r9 280x vapor-x oc | Case Corsair Carbide 200R | Storage WD Blue 1tb | PSU Corsair CX750M