I am flipping the bird to Nvidia. Anyone have a roundup of R9 290 aftermarket cooled benchmarks?

That Norwegian Guy

Basically, I want to know which 290 is going to hit my sweet spot. I don't seem to be able to google-fu a comparative benchmark article that rounds up all the aftermarket variants. Does anyone have a link?

PS: "Waiting" is not an option as I will be needing the power soon for Star Citizen alpha and beta. And since Nvidia have failed to deliver the dual GPU card I required on my m-ITX system, I am pissed off at them and jumping ship to AMD now that I've been forced to switch to ATX for crossfire. F)(#¤&% you, Nvidia. Also, learn 2 price point.

flip%2Bbird%2B3_thumb.jpg

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I think it's a little too soon for this

But interesting post and welcome to the red team. The girls here are much "hotter" and the thrills are "cheaper"

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

I'm glad for you for chaning sides, although I have a 770 myself, I really need to switch to amd sometime :_;

Diamond 5 in League :)

well asus 760 mars.. or did it come too late 4 u?

well asus 760 mars.. or did it come too late 4 u?

It's just too weak for my use, I have to never dip under 60 FPS while recording in Star Citizen close to ultra at 1600p. And SLI-ing two MARS together is a disaster waiting to happen in terms of driver compatibility as well as the lack of VRAM/ bus width making it pretty useless.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It's just too weak for my use, I have to never dip under 60 FPS while recording in Star Citizen close to ultra at 1600p. And SLI-ing two MARS together is a disaster waiting to happen in terms of driver compatibility as well as the lack of VRAM/ bus width making it pretty useless.

well its dual gpu... as you said in your post. its powerful as 780ti

but i agree single card is better

I cant find the benches, but I do remember that the Sapphire card was very good, and so was the MSI card. Asus and Gigabyte, not so much.

well its dual gpu... as you said in your post. its powerful as 780ti

but i agree single card is better

He is playing Star Citizen Alpha, a game with no actual SLI/Crossfire support, let alone Quad-GPU support. 

He is playing Star Citizen Alpha, a game with no actual SLI/Crossfire support, let alone Quad-GPU support. 

PS: "Waiting" is not an option as I will be needing the power soon for Star Citizen alpha and beta. And since Nvidia have failed to deliver the dual GPU card I required on my m-ITX system, I am pissed off at them and jumping ship to AMD now that I've been forced to switch to ATX for crossfire.

Sorry, i assumed he meant dual gpu, nevermind.

Amd is good option, especially with mantle, astound sound, possible video capturing in future. Obvious option for star citizen.