System shared memory

Fzone

Hi can someone tell me what system shared memory is. Is my gpu vram from ram so it can run games. And can i set memory myself or it gpu adapts itself to how much vram game uses. 

Specs intel n5000

Intel uhd 605

4gb ram

In the context of an iGPU, system shared memory doesn't mean much outside of it's intended to use that allocated portion of your system's RAM. iGPUs already use system RAM from the get-go so that's why I say it barely matters in this context.

If you can lower the memory allocation specifically for your GPU, that might be beneficial for programs outside of games.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

9 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

In the context of an iGPU, system shared memory doesn't mean much outside of it's intended to use that allocated portion of your system's RAM. iGPUs already use system RAM from the get-go so that's why I say it barely matters in this context.

If you can lower the memory allocation specifically for your GPU, that might be beneficial for programs outside of games.

Can u somehow make it simpler i dont rly understand lol. And can you tell me how thaz works for the games

These system specs are low to the point that you will only get the most basic 3D rendered games to run, and likely not well. Older games you may have better luck with. This PC wasn't designed to play games.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

17 minutes ago, Gikero said:

These system specs are low to the point that you will only get the most basic 3D rendered games to run, and likely not well. Older games you may have better luck with. This PC wasn't designed to play games.

It wasnr bought for me it was bought for little brother to play some game roblox. I play lol on that laptop. It runs well all other games that i play i play on ps4. And the games im trying to play on laptop are old ones from 2011 and below

25 minutes ago, Gikero said:

Also downloaded cod black ops runs fkne on lowest ofc but i keep geting some kind of crash in the lvl 2 cant get past it saw other people had problems too with it but i cant fix it

37 minutes ago, Gikero said:

These system specs are low to the point that you will only get the most basic 3D rendered games to run, and likely not well. Older games you may have better luck with. This PC wasn't designed to play 

Caan u also tell me how would la noire and max payne 3 perform. Can it be played o  lowest with atleast of 30fps. Saw that alan wake requires better graphics to play it than la noire and this laptop can run alan wake somehow but low fps

On an iGPU a certain amount of RAM is reserved for its use only as it means its ALWAYS available and not fragmented.  If it runs out and has to steal some from system memory then it potentially has to dump stuff from RAM into virtual memory (HDD or SSD) in order to free up RAM to use, causing a huge performance penalty.  I'd imagine if RAM is fragmented that will also cause a lesser penalty compared to just using what is already reserved.

A dedicated GPU can also use system memory if it runs out of dedicated memory also with a performance penalty.

Shared memory is basically just a way for things to work rather than crashing if it runs out of GPU memory.

ASUS B650E-F GAMING WIFI + R7 7800X3D + 2x Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5-6000 CL30-36-36-76  + ASUS RTX 4090 TUF Gaming OC

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) Backup: GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz) WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz)
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~1200Mbit down, 115Mbit up, variable)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Os this alan wake seriously good optimized game is playable at 20fps lol