Samsung Galaxy S6 Screen Issues

foofy

Heya, so I was wondering if there was any way from either TWRP Recovery or from Android OS itself to reset / recalibrate the screen. Currently, if i tap on the right side it taps on the left, and if i tap on the left, it taps on the right.

Any help is appreciated, as it's currently a pain to use.

Not that I know of.  I'm not aware of any custom ROM that does this either. 

Does it only do this while in the recovery or also once the phone boots into the OS? 

If it happens in the OS as well, personally I'd put the latest recovery and ROM on the microSD card, wipe the entire phone (Dalvik, cache, data, internal storage, and system) and flash the latest recovery and ROM (last bit is very important, seeing as wiping the system removes the ROM entirely). 

Doing this full wipe and reflash will either fix the problem or rule out software problems altogether.  If it still misbehaves after a full wipe and flash, it's most likely a hardware issue.

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

Does it only do this while in the recovery or also once the phone boots into the OS? 

It does it in both recovery and OS. It started doing it after I attempted to install NexusOS on it, but it wouldn't boot and I was seeing errors in logcat, so I restarted. After that I got a stock ROM, put the zip on the phone's root (without installing) and that started happening in the recovery

hmm ... might be software indeed then. 

As I said, I'd put the latest TWRP recovery and the new ROM on the SD card, wipe the entire internal memory (Dalvik, cache, data, internal storage, and system), then flash the recovery and ROM (and Google apps package if needed).  Then again I'm a madman when it comes to these things. 

"Swipe to wipe" is going to be interesting though if the touch input is all messed up.  You may have to download a stock Samsung ROM (including recovery) and use Odin on the PC to flash it onto the phone. 

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

"Swipe to wipe" is going to be interesting though if the touch input is all messed up.

Nah. Everything's just flipped on the X axis. But ty for the advice, i'll try that now.

Update: I reflashed the Recovery, nothing. Wiped Cache, Data, and Dalvik cache, still nothing. I really did use this phone a lot, so I do hope there's some way to fix it.

Update 2: I completely reformatted the device through TWRP and re-flashed TWRP again to no avail. In Android Nougat itself i was getting erratic "battery too cold, pausing charging" or "battery too hot" messages. Seems like this phone's a goner.

Yeah, sounds like that's more than just a firmware issue.  That sucks.

Oh well, now that the S10 is out you'll see S9 prices drop to reasonable levels.