New monitor not detecting signal or display in settings

I bought myself a new 144Hz monitor from Acer. I connected to an extension block which I have my other monitor running on too and it turns on fine but it won't detect the pc. I've gone to the settings and tried detecting the monitor and it couldn't. I've also looked up the drivers in Geforce Experience and it shows that I have the latest version of drivers. I've got my old monitor (one I'm using now) with HDMI and my new one with Display Port. please help fix this

38 minutes ago, DuckTheBoss said:

I bought myself a new 144Hz monitor from Acer. I connected to an extension block which I have my other monitor running on too and it turns on fine but it won't detect the pc. I've gone to the settings and tried detecting the monitor and it couldn't. I've also looked up the drivers in Geforce Experience and it shows that I have the latest version of drivers. I've got my old monitor (one I'm using now) with HDMI and my new one with Display Port. please help fix this

Try pulling all power cable and all video cables for 30 sec then plug them back in ? This worked for me when I had a similar issue but I dint have an extension block so not too sure.

@Bluehawk21The power extension block works fine, it works with the monitor because it turns on and runs. I tried unplugging everything from that monitor and replugged it and when I did my old monitors screen turned black for 1 second and then switched back to where I was. I don't know if this has to do with anything but it did something when I unplugged the new monitor and overall, this did not work.