2x 4 Card Mining Rigs (R9 270X's)

DoubleY

Wat? 630? How!? Stock? My r9 280x Toxic is roling at 815 kh/s!

OC'd to 1198 on the core. 1475 on the memory. My R9 290's didn't even get 800kh/s

i se your problem, to little memory. Try 1800, i have that and core is 1160

Card crashes @that mem speed

hmm, ok try 1000 core, 1500 mem, intenity 13, thread conc 24550, -w 512 powertune 20. Also are you ising cgmn

Yes, I am using Cgminer

You're telling me to be careful? That room must literally heat your house! only 10 cards can heat my house, imagine what your cards can do!

Oh ya I have two Tower Coolers just to keep that room at bearable temps, I have 50 r9 280x overclocked each hashing at 760 KH/s the room temp is at 28C or around 90 with the two tower coolers and the central Air.. crazy. Made a shit ton of cash though lol had it running since July before the gold rush.

wat 

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

?

too much powwwer

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

too much powwwer

Anything but. Bloody rig pulls under 550watts under load :P

Alright guys. First computer was built last night, and 2nd computer is currently being built. I will upload pictures when I'm done later tonight. 

We did run into a few issues though. On the first machine, (Sempron, Gigabyte mobo) 4 cards would not work. Thus, turning that computer into a 3 card rig. We are currently testing if 4 cards will work with the Asrock mobo. Will keep you updated

No offence man. Its cool you have been wise with the markets and invested accordingly, but seriously? All this for Bitcoins? A commodity that isn't and won't be recognized by one of the worlds fastest and most consistently growing economies. It's abit of a gamble, I hope it pays off for you.

It isn't THAT big of a gamble. It's almost a better gamble then playing the stock market, which I am sure you have shares invested somewhere 

So you're the type of person increasing the price of basically every R series gpu on the market so you can get chance at making back the insane amount of money you spent on the PCs and maybe a little bit more in bitcoins.

I am dissapoint. :(

This looks good...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

So you're the type of person increasing the price of basically every R series gpu on the market so you can get chance at making back the insane amount of money you spent on the PCs and maybe a little bit more in bitcoins.

K.

mining is a business, he is an investor.

i wish i had that :(

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Sure it sucks for the people that want a single card for gaming and have to now pay a price premium but that's life.

Alright- sorry this took so long to give you all the final update on. 

We never ended up getting 4 cards to work. And we think the issue lies within Cgminer, but we shall try another day.

Nevertheless, we ended up building 3 computers. All of which have R9 270X's. One of the rigs has 4 cards because we haven't taken it off of the rig yet. So yea... (we also ended up using some spare XFX R9 270X's on these rigs)

Here are the pictures:

Also, I know that the pictures are just a huge cluster fuck, but oh well :P Enjoy!

Fti2MKX.jpg

hmIHVT2.jpg

rXa2bEz.jpgZMTCTJK.jpg

uPdZFmG.jpg

I really don't like this mentality, the OP and everyone else is allowed to buy whatever graphics card they want and do what they want with it. 

If the prices of the R series cards are too high for you, then buy an nVidia card, what makes you think that gaming is a more legitimate use for graphics cards as opposed to coin mining?

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White