Got an old android computer. What can I use this for?

fastcar123

My company just wrote off some old Android computers.  The computer itself is an industrial panel running Android 4.4.4. 

Here is the product page

https://teguar.com/tp-a945-07-android-panel-pc.html

It is not possible to update it beyond that. The OS is baked into a soldered on emmc chip and does not have an accessable boot loader of any kind.

The unit has a touchscreen, 2 USB ports, an SD card slot, a micro USB, an ethernet port and a db9 Com port. That's about it. There is no battery, no wifi, no Bluetooth, no Google services, no GPS, no speakers, no cameras, and no physical buttons.

It comes with 1GB of RAM and 4GB of storage.

It's a very simple computer that is purpose built to only have one function when deployed in an industrial environment. Usually these are programmed to run something like a large conveyer, or a punch clock or a machine or some kind.

I don't really know Android well enough to code for it and it doesn't seem overtly useful as is.

So I turn to the community. A Co worker of mine suggested he would use his as aa makeshift elgato stream deck. I like that idea alot but I have no idea how we would do it. I also open to other ideas too

Let me know what you think.

what would you use this for?

Those actually look pretty sick, I’d put a couple in the back of some car headrests, and another for a head unit second display, if those were like free lol. Would fit great