First build and first real gaming pc

I already bought all the components, receiving the MoBo and the PSU next week.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X

CPU cooler: Corsair H100i pro

MoBo: Asus crosshair vii

RAM: 2x8gb 3200mhz ddr4 Corsair lpx ram

GPU: GeForce RTX 2070

SSD M.2: intel 660p 512GB

SSD: 256gb ssd from company dropped laptop

HDD: Seagate 3tb

PSU: Corsair RMx 750w gold certified

Case: Corsair carbide spec-06

Monitor: Asus VG248QE

Now, just wondering what I should with the 120mm fan included on the front panel, knowing i'll put the cooler up front, was wondering if i should change the 120mm upfront to put in on top for an exhaust fan or intake, might put the fan of the PSU up if i use the one on top as intake. Moved the 120mm in the back all the way up. Was also wondering if I could fit the 120mm under the 100i pro and put two other 120 on top. but If i do that, will I have not enough exhaust fan?

My plan for my next build is to put fan inputs on any filtered surface I can find.   That way all the unfiltered gaps become exhaust and so dust should only ingress via filters. 

If you can find a spot to mount the fan on another filter - do that!  (Prioritise bottom to top for inputs so it pulls cooler ambient air)

Looking specifically at the Carbide, you have 2 fans included, so one can sit up front with your H100i on the filtered front.  Good start, but the PSU shroud means there will unlikely be any bottom side fan mounts or filters.  This leaves the fan near the rear IO or the top.   I'd be tempted to try mounting the rear IO one as input too, but I'd like to see a little mesh or filter between the fan and the grill if I did that.   Then, all hot air should exhaust up as long as your machine isn't under a table.   I say 'try' because if the fans begin to fight each other because of airflow, then you may find reversing the rear IO fan is necessary.

Edited by GeekRichieUK
Carbide specific notes

Airflow is paramount in a case. As a general rule bottom and front should be intakes, rear and top exhausts. This establishes a clear path of air. GPU fans draw in so they conform to the established airflow when mounted perpendicular to the motherboard.

If you invert the psu, it will be drawing warm air from the case against the established airflow. Much better to leave the psu isolated, drawing cool air from the bottom and exhausting it out the rear.

If you decide to use the front 120mm fan, it could be mounted as exhaust on the top at the rear.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Also having a hard time fitting the laptop SSD to the mounting bracket in the case, is it supposed to be real tight? Thanx to both of you

Laptops often use 7mm thick ssd while most commonly used pc models are 9mm.

I'm not familiar with the case 2.5" ssd mounting mechanism. Are there now screws to securely mount units to the bracket?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I did found 2 ssd mounting bracket with screws, I'll use one of those intead of the two with bracket (yeah 4 ssd space +2 hdd 3,5'' in this case!) plus my M.2 on the MoBo, only gonna use one ssd and one hdd, dont think ill ever get near the end of the storage tho