Workstation Advice

Gelharter

Hi guys, i've got to buy a workstation for my work (3d modeling/Rendering/Video Editing), and i want build it by myself. I'm from France and I can spend up to 10500 € (14000 $).

Here's the config i've thought:

Case: Silverstone TJ04-E

Mobo: Asus P9X79-E WS

Cpu: Intel Xeon E5-2687W v2

Cpu Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S

Ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro 64 Gb 1866 Mhz CL9

Psu: Corsair AX860 

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 Gb

HDD: (2x) Western Digital Black Caviar - 3 Tb

Vga: PNY Quadro K5000

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24F1ST

Monitor: Asus PA279Q

What do u think? Any suggestions? :D

Western Digital Red 4tb x2 maybe?

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Western Digital Red 4tb x2 maybe?

Mmh, Black is more performant.

Hi guys, i've got to buy a workstation for my work (3d modeling/Rendering/Video Editing), and i want build it by myself. I'm from France and I can spend up to 10500 € (14000 $).

such computer, such money, such sadness from the poor mansface

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

if you spend money of a 6 core system you can save lots of money VS an 8 core

and are you sure you NEED a Quadro ?

ive seen many people determined to buy one when actually they didnt really need it and a normal GPU did the work just fine

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

But Reds will last you longer, and there will be less chance of them randomly dying, also you could go the routhe of 4x 4tb wd reds and do raid 10 for performance and redundancy.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

if you spend money of a 6 core system you can save lots of money VS an 8 core

and are you sure you NEED a Quadro ?

ive seen many people determined to buy one when actually they didnt really need it and a normal GPU did the work just fine

I need a pretty powerful machine, so I prefer an 8 core. For the Quadro, I need a professional graphics card to work with a lot of polygons in 3D modeling.

But Reds will last you longer, and there will be less chance of them randomly dying, also you could go the routhe of 4x 4tb wd reds and do raid 10 for performance and redundancy.

I see. I'll give it a look, thx :)

I need a pretty powerful machine, so I prefer an 8 core.

but keep in mind ull be spending 1400$ more for 2 cores

the rest of the build looks perfect

also this isnt really  a big issue but sometimes ive seen builds with lots of ram have compatibility issues with motherboards just double check if your motherboard with that model

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I need a pretty powerful machine, so I prefer an 8 core. For the Quadro, I need a professional graphics card to work with a lot of polygons in 3D modeling.

The 4930k has less but more powerful cores that can be overclocked. It's also much cheaper.

Where are you shopping?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Are your programs more CPU or gpu bound, you may consider a 780 for better cuda performance. Dual CPU May be a reasonable option. Or for open cl work fire pros would be better than a quadro.