Ml240r vs corsair h100i rgb platinum

Which of these aio coolers are better Ml240r  or corsair h100i rgb platinum

Whichever one you like the look of. They're both Asetek, so performance wise they're basically identical. Pick whichever one you like the look of, or whichever one is more budget-friendly.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X

On 3/21/2019 at 4:45 AM, Wolventec said:

Which of these aio coolers are better Ml240r  or corsair h100i rgb platinum

Any particular features you are looking for?  What other components do you already have in your build, including peripherals?

On 3/21/2019 at 5:59 AM, Fixinit1 said:

Whichever one you like the look of. They're both Asetek, so performance wise they're basically identical. Pick whichever one you like the look of, or whichever one is more budget-friendly.

This is not a true statement

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

18 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Any particular features you are looking for?  What other components do you already have in your build, including peripherals?

This is not a true statement

i just bought Corsair H100i Platinum RGB.

It suddenly runs faster, Idk whether the sound of the fan or the pump and slow again and run faster again. And it slowly back to normal ?

And the RGB head is off for about a sec or 2secs when that happen and turn on again in default RGB state and back to my lighting set.

I took a SS in iCue when it happened.

Spoiler

07c1e7d9bc.png

is my AIO broken? Not even a week.

Have you tried performing a firmware update on the pump?  It looks like you have a pending update in the lower left corner.  Also, do you have Steam running in the background?  Try exiting out of Steam and see if you have the same disconnect/reconnect issue.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

Don't get the ML240R. I'm returning mine. Nice cooler but all the cabling is janky confusing crap. Just cheap.

I have the the h100i Pro RGB, which is essentially the same as the platinum just without RGB fans. I love it, It was a replacement for my H100i V2 I had for 5 years and only replaced it because the pump went out. Can't go wrong with the H100i series no matter what version.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

@ZidaneTribalI'd check your connections as well after you check for updates, looks to me like the pump isn't even plugged in, or might be plugged in to the wrong connector. Make sure it's plugged into the CPU Fan Header and not the CPU Pump Header. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

19 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

@ZidaneTribalI'd check your connections as well after you check for updates, looks to me like the pump isn't even plugged in, or might be plugged in to the wrong connector. Make sure it's plugged into the CPU Fan Header and not the CPU Pump Header. 

if i plug in to the wrong connector, it will error all the time right? but it rarely happens.

My motherboard is Z170 Pro4 and i plugged into the CPU Fan_1

And my motherboard doesn't have cpu pump header written on it. So i don't get it which one is cpu pump header. or maybe it has different name?

2 hours ago, ZidaneTribal said:

if i plug in to the wrong connector, it will error all the time right? but it rarely happens.

And my motherboard doesn't have cpu pump header written on it. So i don't get it which one is cpu pump header. or maybe it has different name?

If it's plugged into CPU Fan_1 than that's the right header, it might just be a faulty unit, I'd see if it's still returnable and exchange it for another unit.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:52 AM, ZidaneTribal said:

The pump can be plugged into either CPU_1 or CPU_Pump.  If it's plugged into CPU_1, make sure to set the header to PWM mode, and full speed.  Depending on motherboard, if you plug into the CPU_Pump header, it may or may not through a CPU_Fan error since nothing is connected.  Usually you will disable the header in this configuration.

On 4/4/2019 at 1:30 AM, Corsair Nick said:

The pump can be plugged into either CPU_1 or CPU_Pump.  If it's plugged into CPU_1, make sure to set the header to PWM mode, and full speed.  Depending on motherboard, if you plug into the CPU_Pump header, it may or may not through a CPU_Fan error since nothing is connected.  Usually you will disable the header in this configuration.

CPU_1 = CPU Fan_1 ?

I plugged it into that.

and the bold one, where is the location to set? in software?

My motherboard is Asrock Z170 Pro4 and i can't find CPU_Pump header in it.

here is the layout of my motherboard

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z170 Pro4/index.us.asp

Should be connected in the location below with the red box.  Just be sure to set the fan header to full speed in the BIOS.

1813380167_AsrockCPUFan.JPG.9df0aed92a977b7dd16b44da44ad9a5a.JPG