Asus Z370-E gaming center/sub audio not working (orange plug)

i_build_nanosuits

i've been trying to make a sub or a buttkicker to work on the orange output on my motherboard but had no success...green audio port works fine...why?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.602e41de3d91035066cf0dd17ba8df81.png

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

10 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

You can reconfigure the orange port to be a "Front Speaker" instead, and it should work fine

i'm sorry but i'm pretty noob when it comes to those things...my question is: would for example a subwoofer or buttkicker ''sound'' the same if it's plugged into for example the green port as opposed to the orange port?

Does it makes a difference when it comes to the sound or is it the same?

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

2 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

i'm sorry but i'm pretty noob when it comes to those things...my question is: would for example a subwoofer or buttkicker ''sound'' the same if it's plugged into for example the green port as opposed to the orange port?

Does it makes a difference when it comes to the sound or is it the same?

the Subwoofer port gives you more control of filters in software specifically for Subwoofers without affecting speakers, but i think that's useless because most likely you already have filter control on the Subwoofer itself but if not then it's better to use the Subwoofer port.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

16 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

the Subwoofer port gives you more control of filters in software specifically for Subwoofers without affecting speakers, but i think that's useless because most likely you already have filter control on the Subwoofer itself but if not then it's better to use the Subwoofer port.

in fact it's not a subwoofer that i'm trying to drive through there it's a buttkicker gamer 2...

Do you think it'll perform differently if it's pluged in the orange vs the green port?

Cause it works in the green one...but i was trying to get it working in the orange one to see if it would be better?

24 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

in fact it's not a subwoofer that i'm trying to drive through there it's a buttkicker gamer 2...

Do you think it'll perform differently if it's pluged in the orange vs the green port?

Cause it works in the green one...but i was trying to get it working in the orange one to see if it would be better?

BKA-130-C_A__51555.1499534892.jpg

I can see it has all the control I was talking about at the front, so i doubt it will sound different, but if you have effects or surround virtualization applied to the speakers then that will definitely affect it.

But either way you can try the subwoofer port again and check thoroughly in settings, it should function normally no clue why it wouldn't, haven't used onboard audio in a long time, last time i tried the software was very different so i don't know where all the settings are hidden

4 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

so i don't know where all the settings are hidden 

seems like that's the trend these days, simplifying everything and hiding advanced settings to cater more to the "basic user"

Do you have 5.1 enabled by any chance? try going back to stereo

33 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Do you have 5.1 enabled by any chance? try going back to stereo

no i'm on stereo...but i'll check more tonight when i'm home!

Thanks for your help man, appreciated

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

no i'm on stereo...but i'll check more tonight when i'm home!

Thanks for your help man, appreciated

you're welcome :)