"Video memory management internal" When switching ports

DDebbil

I've been testing out a GTX1080ti today, but found it doing something odd when changing video outputs. The card has 3x DisplayPort, 2x HDMI and 1x DVI, but one of the HDMI ports doesn't want to play with the DVI. If I install the driver with the cable plugged into the HDMI, when I swap to the DVI I get a black screen. If I restart with the cable still in the DVI, I get the video memory management internal error, and then the machine restarts with the driver suspended (low resolution). The machine will then reinstall the driver and outputs fine from the DVI, but now if I swap back to the HDMI, I get the black screen and the video memory management internal error on restart. So it seems like the driver sets itself up for either one port all the other. All the other ports (HDMI + 3x Displayport) seem happy to work with anything else.

I'm concerned with it being such an expensive card, that there is this random issue with two ports not being interchangeable without completely reinstalling the driver.

Does anyone know what might be going on here?

avoid this card, probably faulty output.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I'm not so sure. There is something on the mounting bracket that says 'Either DVI-D or HDMI 2', as shown here:

https://hothardware.com/ContentImages/Article/2603/content/big_gb-aorus-1080-ti-outputs.jpg.ashx?maxwidth=1170&maxheight=1170

These are the two ports that will not play with each other. However, fair enough that you can't use them at the same time, but I find it odd that the driver has to be reinstalled before you can switch between them.

Anyone got a similar card and can comment about this?