Antec 950 aio, fan does not spin, is it dead?

Hi all, sorry for the lenghty text, I'll try and keep it as short as possible.

Selling a PC for a friend, it has an Antec 950 aio liquid cooler. The unit has a built-in fan that does not seem to be replaceable. Problem is, the damn thing won't spin.

When I turn on PC it spins up just fine at max RPM (as does all the other fans), but then stops completely and starts "twitching" back and forth as if it is stuck. The only way (sometimes) to get it going is by giving it a "push" to help it, but even then the RPM seems insanely low. Once it's spinning though, it spins, but turn off the PC for half an hour or so and you get the same problem.

I looked through BIOS, and it turns out the "setup" for this thing (most likely from the store where he bought it), is quite complex, to say the least. I tried to "set default settings" in bios, and what you see in the attached picture below is what is being changed. Unfortunately in doing this, I get a CPU cooler error on boot, saying I need to adjust "fan speed lower limit". 

Whats even more confusing is that the rear fan (which is also attached to the aio cooler), is the one connected to CPU_FAN. The supposedly broken fan is really just "another fan" (with only the rear fan spinning, temps. are still fine fortunately).

I tried adjusting some settings in bios and it is clear based on that, that the built-in fan does work, since it spins just fine when I change DC Mode to AUTO/PWM, but in doing so the pump starts making a TERRIBLE noise... This is why its set to DC Mode, but I dont even know what that means.

At this point I am lost in the bios settings, the whole setup of cables/bios etc. I hope someone can shine a little light on this.

linus_TT.jpg

43 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

you can replace it

I looked at the product page and there really is no manual on it being replaceable, unless I'm blind.

2 hours ago, TrigrH said:

just unscrew it, give it a try

The fan and pump gets power from the same cable, so I highly doubt it's possible. :/