Are sennheiser g4me zeros still worth in 2019?

Premoz1

There is pair of Sennheiser G4ME Zero on sale for 120€. I have heard that they are good headphones, but are they good still in 2019? Like the sound quality, mic quality compared to headphones released in 2017,2018,2019 etc... They are released in 2013, are they good still to this day?

Yes but i think the G4ME Zero not GAME Zero is the one that are a bit hard to drive with just a motherboard DAC, It has 150Ohm of impedance whereas the GAME Zero has 50 Which is based on the HD 598..So if you have decent motherboard i think you'll be fine because i heard most motherboard today can drive a headphone up to 150Ohm.

The other option i can think of is the GSP 350 but its a closed back style although it has very thick padding and clean mic.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

16 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Yes but i think the G4ME Zero not GAME Zero is the one that are a bit hard to drive with just a motherboard DAC, It has 150Ohm of impedance whereas the GAME Zero has 50 Which is based on the HD 598..So if you have decent motherboard i think you'll be fine because i heard most motherboard today can drive a headphone up to 150Ohm.

The other option i can think of is the GSP 350 but its a closed back style although it has very thick padding and clean mic.

Yeah I was considering buying gsp 300 but I wanted better upgrade. And g4me zero being 40€ more expensive, I thought they are much better than gsp 300 And I have B450M Micro atx Pro4

2 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

B450M Micro atx Pro4

Thats a kind of budget motherboard i dont think it can drive 150 Ohm headphone but i dont know..maybe check what DAC it use and that should give you the information you need.

5 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

And g4me zero being 40€ more expensive

They're old and the Mic is not as clean as the GSP 300/350.

As for the sounds i dont know..i never try G4ME Zero..

I personally won't spend more than $130 on a gaming headset as from my experience, You'll hit diminishing return past that price point..but i am not an audiophile and only has Fiio Q1 as my DAC/AMP..although i have tried couple of non gaming easy to drive headphone such as 558,598,M40x,M50x, and those DT Something from beyerdynamic i forgot the model.

@Max_Settings i hope this guy can help you out..although he really hate gaming headset :3 

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

8 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

They're old

Thats why I made this topic, to know are they good still to this day compared to new ones. But thanks. So the gsp 300 is more worth?

Not a fan of the Game Zero from memory. Game One or PC37X from Massdrop is better if you MUST have a headset. Otherwise Headphones + Mic is better option.

1 hour ago, Premoz1 said:

Thats why I made this topic, to know are they good still to this day compared to new ones. But thanks. So the gsp 300 is more worth?

What other option you got there?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

2 hours ago, Hiya! said:

What other option you got there?

G4me zero.. The question was that which one is better for the price, gsp 300 or g4me zero?

i havent try the g4me zero but i have tried HD 558 and i think they are kinda similar.

i say get the game zero but i am afraid your mobo dac cant drive the headphone properly..if u gonna risk it then go for it.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

24 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

i havent try the g4me zero but i have tried HD 558 and i think they are kinda similar.

i say get the game zero but i am afraid your mobo dac cant drive the headphone properly..if u gonna risk it then go for it.

I might get sound card in future... But its not that big deal I think. But,, I just realized that gsp 300 is open back and g4me zero is closed back. I think that closed backs are better because I usually play on lans, and dont want to people to hear stuff I am listening to... After realizing this I am not even looking back to gsp 300. Just dont like the idea of everyone hearing stuff I hear. I am gonna buy G4me zero, when I get chance. At this moment. 

Everyone can suggest more gaming headsets here to not only help me, but help other people too. Thanks for the replys

10 hours ago, Premoz1 said:

, I just realized that gsp 300 is open back and g4me zero is closed back

You got it the other way around..the GSP 300 is the closed back one.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

On 3/20/2019 at 8:20 AM, Hiya! said:

You got it the other way around..the GSP 300 is the closed back one.

Yep I noticed that afterwards but isnt game zero closed too? 

8 minutes ago, Premoz1 said:

Yep I noticed that afterwards but isnt game zero closed too? 

Oh yes its the Game/G4me one that is open back...i'd just buy the GSP 300 and call it a day.

Yes open back has better soundstage but not always have better imaging..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Oh yes its the Game/G4me one that is open back...i'd just buy the GSP 300 and call it a day.

Yes open back has better soundstage but not always have better imaging..

Imaging? I have no idea what that means in finnish, could you tell me what that means? I know the translate but no idea what that actually means. The idea of the gso 300 I have got myself, is that it has good sound quality and mic but very poor plastic build quality. I think game zeros have everything same than gsp 300 but it just has thr better sounstage and build quality. 

1 minute ago, Premoz1 said:

Imaging? I have no idea what that means in finnish, could you tell me what that means? I know the translate but no idea what that actually means. The idea of the gso 300 I have got myself, is that it has good sound quality and mic but very poor plastic build quality. I think game zeros have everything same than gsp 300 but it just has thr better sounstage and build quality. 

Imaging is the accuracy of the driver in projecting the sounds..a headphone could have a wide soundstage but if it has poor imaging, the sounds it project will be inaccurate.

For example when in games..if you hear a footstep or gunshot you can tell precisely where its coming from if you use a good headphone with good imaging.

It is plastic but its very solid and doesn't creak when you bend them..hell you can drop it of a mountain and it will be fine.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]