Clover - Chrome tabs in your file explorer

So i found this cool software that adds chrome like tabs and shortcuts in your file explorer. But there are some drawbacks, firstly is the fact that newer versions have auto-updates and bundleware :(

the older version thatdont have bundleware dosent support dark themes as far as i know, sadly

The software is also closed source, afaik

if you are interested you can download the software here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140207102318/http://ejie.me/uploads/Clover_Setup_3.0.406.zip

this is the older version wiithout the bundleware.

1zRM4SB.png

IF YOU DISLIKE CLOSED-SOURCE SOFTWARE, CONSIDER THIS THREAD:

When I read the title and saw you were suggesting Clover, I swore Microsoft wanted to add this feature some time ago!

Lo and behold, it seems like this was something they talked about a year ago, but apparently removed/added to insider previews for quite some time, but it's still not here.

This feature seems neat, but I don't have Explorer.exe open as much to make this a worthwhile addition, plus the fact of the matter this being a closed source program with other bundled stuff.. Makes me feel not good about it.

Let's just hope Microsoft gets on this and adds this feature.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Thanks for sharing, might be useful for me. I'm constantly opening multiple different file explorer windows, and switching between them can be a pain sometimes. 

Can you drag from one tab to another? I have some files that I move between folders, and usually I drag and drop between folders by having explorer windows snapped side by side. 

Desktop
i5-760: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb Asus GTX 760 2gb

Laptop 

i5-4300u: 8GB ram, Intel HD: 128GB: 1080p Touch

1 hour ago, Minibois said:

When I read the title and saw you were suggesting Clover, I swore Microsoft wanted to add this feature some time ago!

Lo and behold, it seems like this was something they talked about a year ago, but apparently removed/added to insider previews for quite some time, but it's still not here.

This feature seems neat, but I don't have Explorer.exe open as much to make this a worthwhile addition, plus the fact of the matter this being a closed source program with other bundled stuff.. Makes me feel not good about it.

the dwonload i linked is before they bundled all the bs

if you like open software better, you can use qttabar, but i dont like the look

QuickTime Lite 2018 For Windows, 7, 8, 10 + MAC Full Version

1 hour ago, darklighthim said:

Thanks for sharing, might be useful for me. I'm constantly opening multiple different file explorer windows, and switching between them can be a pain sometimes. 

Can you drag from one tab to another? I have some files that I move between folders, and usually I drag and drop between folders by having explorer windows snapped side by side. 

yes absolutely

Having downloaded and installed it from the link in the original post, I can't seem to drag between tabs?

I select 2 test folders, drag them over the destination tab but it doesn't let me do anything.

Was hoping it would switch to the tab I'm hovering over, then allow me to just place said folders into whatever destination folder I want.

Shame this doesn't work in the version I have, but not a big deal.

Will definitely keep on using it and see if it becomes useful for me or not.

Desktop

Laptop 

10 minutes ago, darklighthim said:

Having downloaded and installed it from the link in the original post, I can't seem to drag between tabs?

I select 2 test folders, drag them over the destination tab but it doesn't let me do anything.

Was hoping it would switch to the tab I'm hovering over, then allow me to just place said folders into whatever destination folder I want.

Shame this doesn't work in the version I have, but not a big deal.

Will definitely keep on using it and see if it becomes useful for me or not.

works for me, have you restarted your pc?

It didn't work first time round but a BSOD and 2nd restart later seems to have fixed it so definitely going to be useful little app I think.

At least for me in my use case it should be good,

Desktop

Laptop 

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

if you desire open software ;)