BSOD with new keyboard

BouncyChillups

Hi guys,

I'm having a very weird problem.

My pc has been running very very smoothly for a long time now, without any software issues, crashes etc.

However, today I already had two bsod for no reason at all. 

First of all I hope of course that its not a hardware problem. I checked the drivers as far as I could and they all seemed to be in order. The bios is fine as well, I have a slight overclock on my system but its been running very smoothly as I said.

The last two bsod I had were:

- kmode exception not handled

and lastly: - critical structure corruption

The funny thing is now that I had the problems since I bought a new gaming keyboard last thursday. I got the Kingston HyperX Alloy Elite RGB and installed their software for lighting and since then I've had the problems.

I tried to run a sfc scannow test via cmd earlier and it wouldnt finish, just said "'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation".

I now unplugged the keyboard, ran it again and it worked. As well as no new bsod since I took away the keyboard.

Could it really be that the keyboard is the culprit? If so, did I just get a bad model or is it maybe the software?

Would be really glad about some help, my system specs are:

-Ryzen 1700x

msi x370 gaming plus

32gb g.skill ripjaws v 3200

samsung 960 evo

samsung 860 evo

gigabyte windforce oc gtx 1070

8 minutes ago, PleasantChaos said:

Hi guys,

I'm having a very weird problem.

My pc has been running very very smoothly for a long time now, without any software issues, crashes etc.

However, today I already had two bsod for no reason at all. 

First of all I hope of course that its not a hardware problem. I checked the drivers as far as I could and they all seemed to be in order. The bios is fine as well, I have a slight overclock on my system but its been running very smoothly as I said.

The last two bsod I had were:

- kmode exception not handled

and lastly: - critical structure corruption

The funny thing is now that I had the problems since I bought a new gaming keyboard last thursday. I got the Kingston HyperX Alloy Elite RGB and installed their software for lighting and since then I've had the problems.

I tried to run a sfc scannow test via cmd earlier and it wouldnt finish, just said "'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation".

I now unplugged the keyboard, ran it again and it worked. As well as no new bsod since I took away the keyboard.

Could it really be that the keyboard is the culprit? If so, did I just get a bad model or is it maybe the software?

Would be really glad about some help, my system specs are:

-Ryzen 1700x

msi x370 gaming plus

32gb g.skill ripjaws v 3200

samsung 960 evo

samsung 860 evo

gigabyte windforce oc gtx 1070

Yes sadly, I had wireless Logitech keyboard do the same thing. Never did find anything else wrong. But as soon as I DC'd it all worked fine.

I am a disabled Vet who had his hands crushed. Typing is not the easiest thing. So if I misspelled something please understand. Thank you.

Tantibus venit ades profunde tenebris ubi diabolus in ingluviem dentibus maxillas novaculam ubi angeli sulphuris accendit plorat.

CPU Intel i7 9900k Motherboard ROG Maximus XI Code RAM 64gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Dominator GPU RTX 2080ti FE x 2 Case Corsair GRAPHITE 780T Storage 2 Western Digital Blue 4 TB HHDs, 1tb Western Digital SSD. Seagate Barracuda 2tb Hybrid drive, and  1 Western Digital M.2 1tb PSU Corsair HX 1200 Displays 1 Samsung U28D590 28in and 1 Samsung C49hg90DMN 49 Cooling Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro / Alphacool Eisbaer 240

Did you try with the keyboard plugged in again? kmode exception not handled has been associated with a term for a faulty driver so its possible that some corruption happened when you installed the keyboard at first.

CPU
Intel® Core i9 9900K 8 Core 16 Threads
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG Strix Z390-E
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB
Graphics Card
MSI RTX 2080 Gaming X Trio

1st Drive

500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVME 

2nd Drive

1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVME
3rd Hard Disk
480GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 540MB/sR | 450MB/sW)
4th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM

5th Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SEAGATE SSHD, SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W RM SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET 
Processor Cooling
Corsair H150i Pr 360mm AIO

Case:

Lian Li O11 Air

Just now, Findiculous said:

Did you try with the keyboard plugged in again? kmode exception not handled has been associated with a term for a faulty driver so its possible that some corruption happened when you installed the keyboard at first.

I just plugged it in again and am trying to see if the error occurs without the software installed. Then I'll install the software again.

Also used a different usb port now for the keyboard

Many good producers made great hardware and bad software. Look at Asus - great motherboards, graphics cards, routers and crappy software and firmware. Look at preinstalled software on good laptops that are much heavier than options you have in Windows and do nothing more except nicer gui. This may be similar - good keyboard with crappy software. I would looking on some forums related to Kingston products - maybe you'll find more people with the same problem.