Email Product idea/request to Leatherman

Eyal

I assume we all familiar with the brand Letherman. In Leatherman's website, in the FAQ section there was

"Is Leatherman interested in my idea for a new product or feature?

Always. Consumer feedback has played a significant role in improving our existing products and designing new ones. Our marketing department tracks suggestions and welcomes your feedback, so feel free to address your ideas to them (either in writing or at info@leatherman.com[/email=info@leatherman.com]). If you wish to submit an idea for which you already have or may obtain a patent or other ownership rights, please write to the Office of the President, Leatherman Tool Group, PO Box 20595, Portland OR 97294. Prior to receiving or considering your idea, we will present you with a disclosure agreement that describes your rights and ours in any idea you disclose to us."

So I had an idea, to ask them for a specific product idea/request. designed specifically for PC builders/moders

to ask for:

extractor kit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n5990[/ATTACH]

crimper

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n5991[/ATTACH]

screwdriver

lock mechanism for the regular pliers so we can force a tube wider

RJ45 crimper is always useful :)

LED Flashlight can be handy sometimes

spudger, great for laptop repairs

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n5992[/ATTACH]

pair of tweezers might be handy in case one of the small screws falls somewhere in the case...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n5993[/ATTACH]

One or two email will probably not demands attention, however if they get a large amount of requests, we might get enough attention and maybe even a product.

I'm probably missing something, please add things to the list. and at the end we can send lots of emails to Leatherman...

sorry for the images, they are broken... or I just don't understand how to post images... :(

While it would be really nice, I highly doubt that they could implement a proper RJ45 crimper into their typical plier design.

I would like to see a hook and punch for 66/110 blocks, also can be used for the keystone RJ45 ends.

I have a pair of Paladin pliers that have them and it works pretty well in a pinch even though it isn't spring loaded.

96970116-260x260-0-0_Connectool+Paladin+

I would love to have a multitool for all my computing needs but theres just some things that might be a bit awkward to use over a good old screwdriver.

I really don't know how big the market would be for a multitool for builders and modders but I'm sure leatherman would take that into account as one of their key factors in determining its feasibility.

If they somehome did manage to implement a good multitool that could replace my kit I currently use, then I'd be interested, just not sure I'd pay as much as they already charge for some of their other tools.

It's a great idea tho and its awesome you're taking the initiative to contact bigger companies with requests for new ideas. Keep it up.