Did I kill my MB while changing GPU's?

I just built a new pc, which worked great, but my GPU had some coil whine so I thought I'd try another similar card.
Old card out, new card in: no picture.
New card out, old card in: Still no picture
Try GPU in another slot: no picture
Try GPU in another pc: PICTURE!

I have no idea what may have happened. I don't even get to boot. The MB lights displays a white warning LED for VGA problems - but that isn't very informative.
What is most likely the source of the problem? Could I've accidentally nicked something on the MB and killed it? I do believe I've been quite careful, removed power before disassembly, etc.

PSU: Corsair HX850i
MB: Asus Strix x470-F Gaming
GPU's: RTX 2080ti
Memory: G.Skill Flare X DDR4 16GB KIT 3200Mhz

All brand new. Seems weird if the MB would just give in.

So...not to insult your intelligence but I am now in IT mode.

Are they both plugged in? All supplemental power plugged in? Try clearing CMOS? Any error codes?

VGA means graphics card. Try checking if there's issues with the GPU, otherwise get aNOTHER one

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

35 minutes ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

So...not to insult your intelligence but I am now in IT mode.

Are they both plugged in? All supplemental power plugged in? Try clearing CMOS? Any error codes?

Thanks for wanting to help! :) Yes they are plugged in. Even tried different display port cables and monitors. My new 2080’s works in another pc but not the new one. Moved a 1080 from pc2 to test with and no dice

Only error code is the white light on the Mb, I don’t get to post/boot

however I am not sure if I’ve cleared the CMOS? I did remove the battery and had the power out for a while. 

Try clearing the CMOS fully.

Take the battery out, unplug all power, press the power button to clear out any left over electricity. Find the two CMOS jumpers on your board, which looking at your board, location of that jumper looks to be just above your most bottom right standoff screw location.

Try that out and report back. Could fix the problem that quick.

If not, thinking a flash of the bios may help. Trying all options before giving the news of "its dead."

50 minutes ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

Try clearing the CMOS fully.

Take the battery out, unplug all power, press the power button to clear out any left over electricity. Find the two CMOS jumpers on your board, which looking at your board, location of that jumper looks to be just above your most bottom right standoff screw location.

Try that out and report back. Could fix the problem that quick.

If not, thinking a flash of the bios may help. Trying all options before giving the news of "its dead."

Thanks again for all the help. Unfortunately that still didn’t work. I started the pc without anything connected to see if there was anything else that might be interfering. 

Seems to me like something connected to the display has been fried for some reason. Hopefully I’ll be able to return it as it’s less than 2 weeks old. 

34 minutes ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

Do you have an old graphics card you can try on it?

Yeah I have my ols 1080 in now for testing, though the 2080 does work in my old pc

This is becoming a bit bizarre. Went and bought a new mb (same type) and still have the same error. Maybe it’s the PSU then? Gah... so much work to check these things

Now I feel silly. It was a loose power cable in the PSU. I will now go hide somewhere (but at least I only lost some time!)