Please help, is my build balanced?

I have put up a tread asking people for a build for $1200 (people contributed and i colaborated their input and have come up with a build)

I now have $1600 and I modified the build a little better. This build is for gaming and office work

Case: corsair 600t

Mobo: MSI Mpower Bigbang

CPU: 3570k (OCing to 4.6ghz, i'll try 5ghz)

CPU cooler: Corsair h100i

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb

GPU: Gigabyte 7970

PSU: AX850 modular 80+ gold

SSD: 120gb samsung 840

HDD: Seagate 2tb 7200 rpm

Fans: Corsair SP120 quiet edition

Do you think i Can run crysis 3 over 60+ fps?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to run Crysis 3 over 60, seems to be decent so I would say yes.

As for saying if it's balanced, it pretty alright for current standards.

Yeezus was the best album of all time

yes your system is balanced. maybe a little cpu heavy but thats a good thing as it leaves room down the road for another gpu for sli/xfire or sticking in a much larger gpu when they arrive. the only time you need to worry about an unbalanced pc is when you pair a high end gpu with an entry level cpu... you havent done that so your good to go.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

Only thing I would comment on - the PSU - that AX850 is way over powered for that build - even a Xfire. I would go down one model - maybe the 760i - as it also has corsair link and you have a 100i. Can use the link software for both. From the bit of money you save, maybe think of upgrading to 16GB of ram from the 8GB.... just my opinion...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I'm going to guess you could probably opt for a cheaper motherboard.

Like Whaler said lower you power supply because you won't need a 850w psu for that build. I would go for the AX750 or the 760i like Whaler mentioned if you want to monitor your cooler and psu all in one software. Other than that, the build is good.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Unless I'm thinking of another board, you might be able to save a few bucks by swapping out the Big Bang if you don't need all those pcie lanes. If you're getting a sweet deal on it then by all means.

Unless I'm thinking of another board, you might be able to save a few bucks by swapping out the Big Bang if you don't need all those pcie lanes. If you're getting a sweet deal on it then by all means.
i'm going crossfire in the future and i choose bigbang because of wifi compatibility. which board do you recommend that has wifi and is compatible with crossfire?