IS G2A LEGIT

Hadi7200

I see battlefield 5 for 1.97 on a website called G2A, is it safe, if not what precautions should i take?

Just now, Hadi7200 said:

what precautions should i take?

Paying with paypal is the most secure way to buy something you're wary of, since they have purchase protections.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It's probably a scam or you think you're buying the game, but it's really just some microtransaction item or DLC. 
See if anyone else is selling it for the same price.

EDIT: also cant go wrong buying from a seller with high rep.

Old adage: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

28 minutes ago, zinton said:

It's probably a scam or you think you're buying the game, but it's really just some microtransaction item or DLC. 
See if anyone else is selling it for the same price.

EDIT: also cant go wrong buying from a seller with high rep.

Old adage: If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Yep just double checked ad it was DLC...Phew

15 hours ago, Hadi7200 said:

I see battlefield 5 for 1.97 on a website called G2A, is it safe, if not what precautions should i take?

G2A is not safe in any regard. Sure, you can get a key that works, but most if not everything you buy from G2A is keys purchased with stolen credit cards. With that in mind, keys that come from GOG, Rockstar Warehouse, and Origin have an incredibly high risk of being deactivated after purchase. If your key ends up working indefinitely, understand that your purchase is essentially scamming the developer out of that sale and you may as well have pirated it.

Please, for the love of god, stop supporting G2A. They are the scum of the earth. If you want to learn more, watch the video below.

15 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Paying with paypal is the most secure way to buy something you're wary of, since they have purchase protections.

G2A uses their own scummy system called G2A Pay, which introduces extra fees to use PayPal and receive buyer protection. There are no guarantees with this payment method.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

please dont support grey market bullshit

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

https://isthereanydeal.com

good site to find deals... never had issues with sites linked through this

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

Yeah, my friend had his credit card info stolen after buying something off G2A, so definitely shady.

Any site where you aren't buying from site itself, but from seller having ad on the site is not to be trusted outright. You can't know how seller has got the key. If retail for key in Origin is maybe $20-30 (Brazil etc.) and you see game sold at $10. Then seller has paid less than $10 for it. If they have paid for it. Also make sure to check ToS of the site. Many of these sites don't have any consumer protection unless you pay them for it. Kinguin, for example, has only 48h from the moment payment goes through. If you don't handle issues in that time, and have not bought any extra protection, your loss.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/12/2019 at 5:26 AM, Hadi7200 said:

On 3/12/2019 at 5:26 AM, Hadi7200 said:

yep.

i get all of my games from g2a.

the only problem is that their customer service is shit,so just pay with paypal and that's it .

oh and check out seller feedback,buy only from seller with 90% plus positive feedback.

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

tower:antec p8 // psu:antec HCG 650w.

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

psu:antec 550w.

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

tower:antec p110 silent // psu:antec HCG 850w.

It's safe enough to use, I've bought some things off it in the past.

But at the same time, the keys are not always acquired through legitimate methods.  When I found that out, I stopped using it.

Things like credit card scams to buy stock in game keys, then selling them on the site.  They got into a bit of trouble with it iirc.  I think it's in the past now as I recall them making a deal with epic or rare, can't remember which?  But it kinda stuck with me.

Nowadays I pretty much stick to Humble Bundle or CDKeys.

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

Art Tablets: UGEE 15.6" Graphics Monitor & XP-Pen 15.6" Display Tablet

I have bought some games from g2a in the past.
I encountered 3 types of how your purchase can go:

1. You buy a game with the g2a shield (costs more) and you are guaranteed to get a game-key. This has always worked.

2. You buy a game without the g2a shield and get an already used / not valid / other game - key. This happens quite often if you don't buy from a big seller on that platform

3. Same as above but you actually get the key, which often isn't the case.

In terms of account usage on g2a, there was a controversy about g2a taking dollars of your g2a wallet if you don't log in regulary. You can buy games without an account, though.

I would recommend cdkeys instead, never had a problem buying keys there.

3 minutes ago, Retorak said:

I would recommend cdkeys instead, never had a problem buying keys there.

I had 1 problem since starting to use cdkeys and it was when I bought a game and heard nothing of the key for several days.

When I raised it, although showing as in stock, it turned out it wasn't, so I was given the option of a refund or wait and get it when it's back in for the same price.  Chose a refund and it went through with no problems at all.

So the service side is fairly decent too there.

M/Board: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming || CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X || Cooler: Wraith MAX || RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB || GPU: ASIS Strix Radeon Vega 56 || Storage: WD Black 500GB NVMe & 2TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD || Case: Sahara P35 RGB mid-tower || PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W

Art Tablets: UGEE 15.6" Graphics Monitor & XP-Pen 15.6" Display Tablet