Cable managment. Cable help

MaihoSalat

So one of my cables goes behind my cpu heatsink narrowly through Gpu Cpu Heatskink and then next to the ram (look at pictures)

is it for the wire oke? I run an i7700k and they seem to get a little warm when used. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'd say that's probably fine. Is there any other way of routing the cable?

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

No. I could buy cable extension. But then i would ruin my precious cable management which took me some time with those stupid ll 120 fans from corsair.

just asking is there anything wrong when doing this. Am i damaging the wire if the heat spikes or am i damaging something?

1 minute ago, MaihoSalat said:

No. I could buy cable extension. But then i would ruin my precious cable management which took me some time with those stupid ll 120 fans from corsair.

buy the extension. Im sure you can easily add it to your cable management and make it look much better than that. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Tbh it does not look that bad as on the photos. It is hidden behind the cpu cooler and the photos do show the not so pretty side.

just asking do i damage something? Or is it fine if i let it there.

This sounds really stupid. How could a cable worry you this much but i would just like to know if i am on the safe side if the cable is there.

I have many wires like that and never had any issues, I also have wires running between the ram slots. No issues at all.

They are made to withstand the heat lol, the cables are going inside a computer and  manufacturers know that computers get hot.

Thanks to you all.

i was just asking, better safe then sorry 

i‘ll let it there and thanks for you all.

Not going to harm anything in anyway. I have CPU fan cables running under CPU heatsink, I've routed some fan cables under GPU. Back in days of non-modular PSUs I had all extra cables stuffed in empty ODD bay. As long as they don't hit fan blades or kink at 180deg angle (or 90deg close to connector), you are fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

pull the cable out and re-route it. you have how much $ into the system. the cable is blocking air flow in through those areas.  you might risk some vibration rubbing the wire some and nicking the wire. 

if you need an extension cable to run to area. it is only a few bucks. compared to rest of the system. 

would say zoom out for a couple overall pictures for inside the case. to see were wire is coming from and is being routed to.  could be an easy adjustment or redo on your planning and get better setup. 

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Not going to harm anything in anyway. I have CPU fan cables running under CPU heatsink, I've routed some fan cables under GPU. Back in days of non-modular PSUs I had all extra cables stuffed in empty ODD bay. As long as they don't hit fan blades or kink at 180deg angle (or 90deg close to connector), you are fine.

Thanks. I can rest in peace.

just out of curiosity, how warn can plastic insolated wires get?

4 hours ago, MaihoSalat said:

Thanks. I can rest in peace.

just out of curiosity, how warn can plastic insolated wires get?

120C I think. That would be when they start melting. Which means that most of the important hardware are dead before that happens.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv