INTEL SSD DC S3520

TheSebamed

Hello!

So, i found a guy selling 800GB INTEL SSD DC S3520 for 70€. (Supposedly new)
The 500GB Kingston UV400 goes for 50€ here.
Are those Intel SSD's worth a try?
Does anyone have any experience with them? Im looking for a SSD to store my games as im currently using 2x120gb kingston uv400's for game storage.

70 euros new seems really suspicious to me because i can only find them for 150 used at best 200 for a new one, be very careful that you don't get scammed. Other than that intel ssd's are pretty decent from what i've heard.

1 minute ago, Alexzz_ said:

70 euros new seems really suspicious to me because i can only find them for 150 used at best 200 for a new one, be very careful that you don't get scammed. Other than that intel ssd's are pretty decent from what i've heard.

Yea, 70 does seem quite cheap but as i noticed, it is a Older woman selling it, therefor prolly doesnt know the real price of it.

Spoiler

image.png.fe0a39c3ee980402a0378ca4bce9e84d.png

Spoiler

image.png.c6e5496194b9293b3a94e81d439232b7.png

They also posted 2 pics. One of package and the other of SSD.

14 hours ago, TheSebamed said:

Hello!

So, i found a guy selling 800GB INTEL SSD DC S3520 for 70€. (Supposedly new)
The 500GB Kingston UV400 goes for 50€ here.
Are those Intel SSD's worth a try?
Does anyone have any experience with them? Im looking for a SSD to store my games as im currently using 2x120gb kingston uv400's for game storage. 

I've put a fair number of S3520 series drives in smaller servers for clients and they've performed really well.  It's still a SATA SSD so you're not going to get blazing fast transfer rates (~450MB/s read, ~380MB/s write) but perfectly adequate for most applications.  If you have a chance to check out the drive in a machine, you can load up the Intel SSD Toolbox (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28593/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox) to check out the drive health and stats.