Chassis Fan header Amperage not given

Wolfgang_Rush
Go to solution Solved by dfsdfgfkjsefoiqzemnd,

I did a quick search on "Asus CHA_FAN maximum" and people owning various Asus motherboards report that theirs is 1A according to Asus' tech support.  This matches the number that I've read from other brands.  Looks like most (or maybe all) motherboard manufacturers put 1A SYS_FAN and CHA_FAN headers on all their motherboards.

As for how many fans you can connect, that depends on the fans themselves.  There are fans that use 0.2 A, but also some that use close to 0.5A.  Look up the specs of your fans, add the numbers up and try to stay below the maximum rated capacity of the header you connect them to.

If your fans and pump really draw more power than your fan headers can deliver, there are special PWM splitter cables that allow you to power the fans directly from the PSU whilst still getting the PWM signal from the motherboard.  But for those you'll need 4-pin fans all around. 

For example (Ebay UK link because that was the first one I came across) : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GELID-Solutions-1-to-4-PWM-Fan-Splitter-Cable-Connect-4-PWM-fans-to-1-socket-/111785612920

You can get models that split to whatever number of fans, using either Molex or SATA power.  (you may have to look a bit harder for the latter)

The CPU_FAN connector supports a CPU fan of maximum 0.5A (6 W) fan power.

Guys, I want to know how many fans I can connect here and just like its given here 

4-pin CHA_FAN amperage is not given... How many fans can I connect here ????

Can I connect PUMP 4pin connector with a [NISUN PWM 3 Way Sleeved Fan Splitter Adapter Cable 4 pin Female to 3-4 pin Male Splitter PC Fan Power Extension Cable]  splitter attached on Chassis Fan header... I will be attaching just 2 things...

meaning Will I be able to connect {PUMP connector} and  Chassis Fan of {Corsair Carbide Spec 01} directly to FAN HEADER

linus.jpg

I did a quick search on "Asus CHA_FAN maximum" and people owning various Asus motherboards report that theirs is 1A according to Asus' tech support.  This matches the number that I've read from other brands.  Looks like most (or maybe all) motherboard manufacturers put 1A SYS_FAN and CHA_FAN headers on all their motherboards.

As for how many fans you can connect, that depends on the fans themselves.  There are fans that use 0.2 A, but also some that use close to 0.5A.  Look up the specs of your fans, add the numbers up and try to stay below the maximum rated capacity of the header you connect them to.

If your fans and pump really draw more power than your fan headers can deliver, there are special PWM splitter cables that allow you to power the fans directly from the PSU whilst still getting the PWM signal from the motherboard.  But for those you'll need 4-pin fans all around. 

For example (Ebay UK link because that was the first one I came across) : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GELID-Solutions-1-to-4-PWM-Fan-Splitter-Cable-Connect-4-PWM-fans-to-1-socket-/111785612920

You can get models that split to whatever number of fans, using either Molex or SATA power.  (you may have to look a bit harder for the latter)

10 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

thank you

Where did you find that 0.5A for CPU header? It usually 1A unless otherwise said. And when it's something else, it's more.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Where did you find that 0.5A for CPU header? It usually 1A unless otherwise said. And when it's something else, it's more.

I checked the entire manual for his motherboard (from which he posted a screenshot), it does indeed state 0.5A on the CPU_FAN header but no number for the other headers.