New to pc building, gpu help

conley916

I have already purchased the AMD 2700X, Corsair 570X, and the MSI Tomahawk. I really wanted to run an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 FE because from everything I’ve seen on YouTube, it’s a beast. But I’m having trouble finding a new one for under $1,000 and even the used ones seem a bit high and I kind of wanted to buy brand new everthing just for piece of mind.

Is there a better/newer alternative in my $800 budget as far as gpu’s goes? What would you recommend? I’m going to be using the computer for photo editing and to start pc gaming (currently play Xbox One X). I want my setup to last for years to come. This is what I had pieced together.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk

GPU: ???

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200

Storage: WD 500mb M.2/Seagate Barracuda 2tb HD

Tower: Corsair 570X

PSU: Corsair RM850x

The rtx 2070 is faster than the 1080 and costs around 500 dollars. What is your budget for the gpu? The rtx 2080 roughly equivalent to a 1080ti and costs around 700 to 800 dollars. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

The rtx 2070 is faster than the 1080 and costs around 500 dollars. What is your budget for the gpu? The rtx 2080 roughly equivalent to a 1080ti and costs around 700 to 800 dollars. 

I wanted to stay around $500 but if it’s something I really want I think $800 would be the cap. I’ll look into the rtx 2080, does the make matter? Or which exact model for the 2080 should I be looking for? 

Models usually change the thermals and noise of the card but dont differ in performance by much if at all. Often times what determines performance more is silicon lottery. Does it matter what store you get it from? Because at newegg there is a good deal on a nice zotac version for 740 dollars. 

5 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Models usually change the thermals and noise of the card but dont differ in performance by much if at all. Often times what determines performance more is silicon lottery. Does it matter what store you get it from? Because at newegg there is a good deal on a nice zotac version for 740 dollars. 

I purchased my other parts on Newegg so that’s fine with me and I’ll check that out, thanks!