processor 100% constantly

I recently went from a hdd with 2 tb of storage to a ssd with 240 gb of storage for my os, but after this change my processor which is an amd fx 6300 (not overclocked) remains at 3.7 ghz even when I am doing nothing. Before this my processor would resume at an idle of around 3.5 ghz. What could be the issue here???

You could check your BIOS settings, maybe reset CMOS.

A girl who loves to love.

4 minutes ago, Damy-666 said:

I recently went from a hdd with 2 tb of storage to a ssd with 240 gb of storage for my os, but after this change my processor which is an amd fx 6300 (not overclocked) remains at 3.7 ghz even when I am doing nothing. Before this my processor would resume at an idle of around 3.5 ghz. What could be the issue here???

Look at the task manager and see what's eating up all the CPU cycles.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You could check your BIOS settings, maybe reset CMOS.

I have tried that before but it wouldnt change, now i am thinking about overclocking it but dont know if that is a good thing to do.

Edited by Damy-666

It is possible that you have some hefty tasks running in background. The switch to SSD which handles OS with simultaneous read/writes could cause the system to take on more tasks than the processor can handle. Just a thought. I am in no means an expert

Just now, Damy-666 said:

I have tried that before but it wouldnt change, now i am thinking about overclocking it but dont know if that is a good thing to do.

Tried what before? You should quote who you're responding to.

A girl who loves to love.

Just now, Damy-666 said:

It is if your motherboard is capable of it and done your research on your processor. (Voltage properties) Also, it is a good idea to have cooling capabilities.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Look at the task manager and see what's eating up all the CPU cycles.

it is task manager which is eating up most of the cpu, and sometimes nvidia container jumps in

1 minute ago, Damy-666 said:

Overclocking a fx is a great idea, your problem is no where in bios or with your or settings. Please please please check task manager and see what is using up your cpu, it should not always be at 100 unless you’re gaming or something. It could be a virus, or some other type of issue, it could be in control panel with the wrong min and max settings.

it is task manager which is eating up most of the cpu, and sometimes nvidia container jumps in

Give me a screen shot (post here) of your task manager doing this...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Damy-666 said:

Try finding the task(s) that could be running your CPU at 100% do your research on the list of tasks and find the unnecessary ones for your needs.

sorry, i tried to reset bios by removing cmos

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Give me a screen shot (post here) of your task manager doing this...

960872801_taskmanager.thumb.png.8bad02fd0bd257aece8cc8fb9bcaa07b.png

here is a screenshot 

Can you go to the performace tab???

2 minutes ago, Damy-666 said:

960872801_taskmanager.thumb.png.8bad02fd0bd257aece8cc8fb9bcaa07b.png

here is a screenshot 

7 minutes ago, Juniiii said:

Can you go to the performace tab???

here you go574380225_taskmanager2.thumb.png.13cb680a02c1c37dbb1d313ffff5036e.png

task manager 2.png

Edited by Damy-666
had dubble hte pictures

10 minutes ago, Damy-666 said:

here you go574380225_taskmanager2.thumb.png.13cb680a02c1c37dbb1d313ffff5036e.png

task manager 2.png

That Nvidia Container is causing that constant cpu usage. This is caused by multiple or no directory paths to your games or photo/video editing softwares. Very easy way to stop this is to enter Geforce Experience and go to the settings. Locate the games settings, then find "Scan location". Most likely it is set to empty. Here you'll add a single path for your games. This should reduce the usage of the Nvidia Container

Just now, kdawwgg1221 said:

That Nvidia Container is causing that constant cpu usage. This is caused by multiple or no directory paths to your games or photo/video editing softwares. Very easy way to stop this is to enter Geforce Experience and go to the settings. Locate the games settings, then find "Scan location". Most likely it is set to empty. Here you'll add a single path for your games. This should reduce the usage of the Nvidia Container

@Damy-666 May also empty out the files to the things that you need as well

21 minutes ago, Damy-666 said:

here is a screenshot 

Taskman has a little ">" next to it, hit that, open it up and see what's chewing up the resources.

Also, that nvidia container needs to be shut down

2 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

i have a total of 3 locations for  geforce experience to find my games. 

It may be time for an upgrade to a 64-bit processor. The extra 32 "bits" doubles the electrical gateways that can switch on and off (Binary Code) in order to read or write a process, so it can execute it. @Damy-666

4 minutes ago, Damy-666 said:

i have a total of 3 locations for  geforce experience to find my games. 

I don't think that should be a problem. What driver version do you have installed for Nvidia display.

1 minute ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

It may be time for an upgrade to a 64-bit processor. The extra 32 "bits" doubles the electrical gateways that can switch on and off (Binary Code) in order to read or write a process, so it can execute it. @Damy-666

I am going to do a upgrade later this year, around August or September. I am looking into a Ryzen 2600x, 2700x or the new ryzen 7 X proccesor that they are going to launch. 

4 minutes ago, kdawwgg1221 said:

Uhmm... no :D the FX is a 64 bit CPU.

Just now, kdawwgg1221 said:

I don't think that should be a problem. What driver version do you have installed for Nvidia display.

i have driver version 419.35

I am going to do a upgrade later this year, around August or September. I am looking into a Ryzen 2600x, 2700x or the new ryzen 7 X proccesor that they are going to launch. 

great idea. Ryzen CPU's are great processors and would destroy tasks flawlessly.