Replacing my ODD with usb ports? Is it possible ?

Dalai

Laptop: Lenovo v110-15IKB
Windows 10 x64

Basically the title says everything, what I am trying to do is replace my laptop's dvd with some usb ports without meddling with the other internal usb ports.
I understand I could replace it with an SSD or an HDD or a blu-ray or something but at the moment I'm only trying to increase the number of my usb ports without having to carrying something extra every time :P .
After researching a bit on google I could only found very small amount of people that have actually managed to do it but it involved soldering a usb hub to the motherboard disabling another usb port.
I have also found laptop specific caddys for the job. https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=13471&_ga=2.129745612.1987286635.1551992332-1529778223.1551992332 but not for my laptop.
Is there a way to convert my sata connector ( that is currently used by my optical drive ) to a usb port ?

16 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Laptop: Lenovo v110-15IKB
Windows 10 x64

Is there a way to convert my sata connector ( that is currently used by my optical drive ) to a usb port ?

I would imagine your laptop needs to physically support connecting directly to the PCIe bus via the DVD drive slot's SATA connector. USB to SATA adapters do exist, but all the ones I'm aware of convert from a SATA device to USB as a client - I'm not aware of any converters that function as USB hosts aka female ports. Dell's Latitude laptops would have extra pins or a smart controller of sorts that probably detects when their official adapter is plugged into the DVD drive slot of their laptops.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)