NZXT Kraken G12 1080Ti Problems

so this started of a while back i used my pre existing H80i V2 to cool my 1080ti Gaming X it was good for a couple months then during the fallout 76 BETA i began to get extremly high temps (most of the time 84c) i than asssumed that it was just the cooler as it had seen a bit of abuse, i than used a H105 which lasted about a month with good temps before it had to be swapped in to another build and to my knowledge is performing normally, so i managed to buy myself a corsair H55 which lasted 2 months now with good temps, however my idle temps usually sit at about 40c, while playing metal gear solid V it sits at a very respectable 47-50c but the idle temps do not seem normal.

Idle temps at 40 degrees is fine.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

My 2080ti on water sits at 35-38 idle. 40 isn't that much higher so I wouldn't worry about it.

10 hours ago, XsBigBoi said:

so this started of a while back i used my pre existing H80i V2 to cool my 1080ti Gaming X it was good for a couple months then during the fallout 76 BETA i began to get extremly high temps (most of the time 84c) i than asssumed that it was just the cooler as it had seen a bit of abuse, i than used a H105 which lasted about a month with good temps before it had to be swapped in to another build and to my knowledge is performing normally, so i managed to buy myself a corsair H55 which lasted 2 months now with good temps, however my idle temps usually sit at about 40c, while playing metal gear solid V it sits at a very respectable 47-50c but the idle temps do not seem normal.

as long as the load temps are fine i wouldn't worry about it, you're prob idle at 40's because i'm assuming you're on a high refresh panel which boosts your GPU clock higher at idle.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15