which app for overclock

48 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Interesting.  I am going to test this.

It's weird...

I test standalone, all 4 ticked, record results from 30mins, 45mins, 60mins.

You Will need to find the equilibrium* first.

Then yeah,.. Same deal,.. 15-30mins ticked all 4, get EQLBM* and detick the RAM only.

3-4 systems seem with a very slight increase in temps and even EQLBM*.

I'm talking 2-4*c variation  on Core/Package temps. But seems a tad over margin of error (IMO)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Back in the day was a minimum of 1 hour Prime 95 small FFT / Ram mixed for stability.

But i found instability just doing every day things that P95 never did, did a repeat run but for 6 hours and it passed. Battlefield Bad Company 2 back then would BSOD the PC after 10 mins mid match.

Never use just 1 tool.

Stinkpci5 3550. DDR3 1600mhz 8GB. Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3.0. Sapphire RX 570 Nitro 4GB oc. Noctua NH-L12. WD Black 600GB. Silverstone PSU 1KW. Advent 1440x900 75hz VGA monitor 1ms. Acer Veriton M464 chassis.

Self help guide.

3 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

It's weird...

I test standalone, all 4 ticked, record results from 30mins, 45mins, 60mins.

You Will need to find the equilibrium* first.

Then yeah,.. Same deal,.. 15-30mins ticked all 4, get EQLBM* and detick the RAM only.

3-4 systems seem with a very slight increase in temps and even EQLBM*.

OK.  I just fired it up.  When fluid hits equilibrium I will take a screenshot, detick memory, and let it run for a bit longer.  This'll be interesting. 

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

1 minute ago, TahoeDust said:

OK.  I just fired it up.  When fluid hits equilibrium I will take a screenshot, detick memory, and let it run for a bit longer.  This'll be interesting. 

For what it's worth.

My profile has my specs, Paired with a 120mm Push-pull config AIO.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, BetterThanLife said:

Back in the day was a minimum of 1 hour Prime 95 small FFT / Ram mixed for stability

Never use just 1 tool.

100% agree.

Many different types of workloads.and at length.

Esp with Ever Demanding AVX workloads thrown into the mix now with Games using some of it and more consumer apps using newer instruction sets.

It's best be stable.

Like you predicted @SkilledRebuilds, it ran hotter when not testing the memory....core max was 3c higher and it was consuming 14 more watts.  Any theories as to why?

ivPuKE8.jpg

JtLq2MV.jpg

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

@TahoeDust

I have an inkling based on zero data but spit balling here...

The 4Tickbox Inc RAM workload.

once Equilibrium is reached temperature wise, and the CPU/FPU/CACHE +RAM cycles are all being refreshed constantly...

With this in mind,.. The "Queue" of instructions must be higher at any given time with "New" data being fed into RAM to ensure (while maxed/ticked) its always getting new data and added Queue lengths to swap the old dirty for new even though the capacity is reached.

So once full,.. Equilibrium, turning the New data feed off, the RAM is still at capacity, yet the "Queue" of instructions for NewRamInjection is gone... So the CPU/FPU/Cache would be slightly more capable with less overall system queues.

A Tad more overhead for the CPU subsystems that never existed is now created by limiting RAM data injection at already max capacity.

Less "NEW" RAM data = Shaving Nanoseconds from the overall system Queue for CPU to shine the slightest bit further.

Does this make sense?

I could probably revise this explanation, see how we go from here. :)

On 3/6/2019 at 7:21 PM, SkilledRebuilds said:

AIDA64

Tick  CPU, FPU, CACHE, RAM

All together.

Ram will fill to 90-95% and let it sit here using 100% of all CPU subsystems in a sense..

Also. Side note.

Something never mentioned. When AIDA64 Stressing, RAM is ticked, and now full... Detick RAM and watch CPU temps climb a little further.. Something Youtubers either miss or don't mention yet I've seen it do this on multiple systems.

wait i just want to clarify when testing on aida64, test cpu, fpu, cache, and ram and in the same test? plan test for an hour

13 minutes ago, rolic said:

wait i just want to clarify when testing on aida64, test cpu, fpu, cache, and ram and in the same test? plan test for an hour

Yeah, thats the intended way most users do it.

However, after that Hour..... DETiCK the RAM tickbox only, wait another 15-30mins,..

It'll allow the CPU to squeeze more out of itself and some temps may increase (maybe this is a better stresstest?)

23 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Yeah, thats the intended way most users do it.

However, after that Hour..... DETiCK the RAM tickbox only, wait another 15-30mins,..

It'll allow the CPU to squeeze more out of itself and some temps may increase (maybe this is a better stresstest?)

do i stop test and detick or detick while the test is still running?

appreciate your help!

Just now, rolic said:

do i stop test and detick or detick while the test is still running?

appreciate your help!

No Need to stop, when its still running

You can detick any of them while its running. and likewise, enable them.

27 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

No Need to stop, when its still running

You can detick any of them while its running. and likewise, enable them.

ok, last question, what is the absolute highest temperature before needing to stop a stress test so it doesn't damage my cpu?