Motherboard Slots problem

The gpu slot tab/lock got lost in the repairing time. I wonder how can I remove the tab below to get it to the top one which I intend to install a 3-slot graphics card. If you don't understand my poor English, plz look at the photo.

Or, could I install it in the middle one? It can barely fit cuz my card is 2.5slot, I am afraid the space/air for the 3gpu fans and PSU is not enough cuz of the tight space. PLEASE SEND HELP!

sketch-1551915334717.png

sketch-1551915455187.png

i'm not an expert but i doubt you can move the locking tab. You said:

2 minutes ago, RJ56Hours said:

The gpu slot tab/lock got lost in the repairing time.

Did you attempt to repair something? Is this motherboard new and under warranty? What happened that led up to this?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

You don't NEED the locking mechanism, as long as you screw the video card in with screws. Would help if you don't have cables pulling down on the card.

The retention clip is there to lock card in place, in addition to the screws because some cases don't have screws there and rely instead on other methods of securing the cards which sometimes aren't so good.

7 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

i'm not an expert but i doubt you can move the locking tab. You said:

Did you attempt to repair something? Is this motherboard new and under warranty? What happened that led up to this?

I sent it to a computer repairing place and after it came back, it's like this.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

You don't NEED the locking mechanism, as long as you screw the video card in with screws. Would help if you don't have cables pulling down on the card.

The retention clip is there to lock card in place, in addition to the screws because some cases don't have screws there and rely instead on other methods of securing the cards which sometimes aren't so good.

Really? I mean I'm installing a monster, a 2080ti trio from msi, could 2-3 screws hold the card in place at the rear part?

Unless you bump your computer case often, the card won't come out of the slot. It's screwed in, locked to the back of the case.

4 minutes ago, RJ56Hours said:

I sent it to a computer repairing place and after it came back, it's like this.

ok this changes everything.

You march back down to that repair center and tell them that they broke your motherboard and they need to replace it for you because that's their fault

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

8 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

You march back down to that repair center and tell them that they broke your motherboard and they need to replace it for you because that's their fault

Be polite about it but yes, do this.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

8 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

You're a funny man man, I wish I could but that was half a yr ago.

Just now, RJ56Hours said:

You're a funny man man, I wish I could but that was half a yr ago.

Then your choice is either live without and hope the screw holds it in tight enough

or

buy a new mobo

Also don't go to that repair center ever again, nothing they could be trying to fix should involve them breaking a pci slot if they're even halfway competent

As long as you put the card in the slot correctly and screw it in at least 2 screws, it should be fine. I had a board that this happened to quite a while ago, and I continued using it. It's still in use to this day, no issues, just need to pay extra attention when installing graphics cards. 

Save up to 10% on eVGA.com purchases, use my Associates Code: 47AQQ6KPU2IZNXY

My system on ModRigs: https://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=42686 

Primary Rig:

CPU: AMD 5950X at 4.65GHz 1.275V - Mobo: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero - PSU: eVGA P2 1200W

CPU Cooler: EK Quantum Velocity Block (480mm XE Radiator with push/pull EK Vardar D-RGB fans)

2 x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3600MHz CL14 RAM (14-15-15-35-1T at 1.45V)

GPU: eVGA RTX 3090 Kingpin Hybrid - Core @ 2160MHz @ 1068mV, VRAM +1000MHz

Case: Thermaltake View 91 - SSDs/HDDs: Too many to list; Samsung 980 Pro 1TB & 2TB M.2s, Samsung 4TB SATA SSD

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 49" Super-Ultrawide 240Hz Monitor