Lenovo Y700 (UHD)

Hi, So I have been looking for a Radeon laptop for video editing and casual gaming. The best one i could find for a cheap price was a Lenovo Y700 with an i7-6700HQ, R9 M375, and a UHD screen. I was wondering how much of the sRGB scale the UHD screen can produce. I'm looking for something under $1000.

https://www.electronicsface.com/product/lenovo-y700-14-notebook-uhd-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-16-gb-ddr4-1tb-hdd-256-ssd-amd-radeon-r9-windows-10-80nu002aus/

why Radeon. kind of limits your options.

Gigabyte, MSI, Asus all have good pc's that would do well for editing and great for casual gaming probably with a 1050ti

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Just now, Acid Panda said:

why Radeon. kind of limits your options.

Gigabyte, MSI, Asus all have good pc's that would do well for editing and great for casual gaming probably with a 1050ti

The video editing software I plan to use is GPU based and works best with Radeon graphics. (Da Vinci Resolve 15)

also HP do Vega based laptops have a look at them @Aliairstinger

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

7 minutes ago, Aliairstinger said:

The video editing software I plan to use is GPU based and works best with Radeon graphics. (Da Vinci Resolve 15)

The lower performing mobile radeons make their slight performance benefit in resolve irrelevant.

You would be much better suited with a 1050ti or 1060 in your budget.

If you have to have AMD the nitro 5 is 600 usd with an rx560x.

4 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

The lower performing mobile radeons make their slight performance benefit in resolve irrelevant.

You would be much better suited with a 1050ti or 1060 in your budget.

If you have to have AMD the nitro 5 is 600 usd with an rx560x.

The problem with the Nitro 5 is the display, it is not color accurate for video editing.

or commit heresy and get a second hand mac with the new vega GPU with it 

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

55 minutes ago, Aliairstinger said:

I was wondering how much of the sRGB scale the UHD screen can produce

On 3/7/2019 at 1:57 AM, Aliairstinger said:

under $1000

Your budget is healthy, no need to go for older models

Location? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128