[Video Request] Audio Workstation info

thedavaad

Hi there

First, i'm new here so apologies if this is in the wrong spot, please let me know if there is a better place for this :)

Anyway, I have watched a lot of the LTT content and one thing I've always noticed missing from their benchmarks or workstation related info, is audio workstations. As an audio engineer i think it'd be interesting to see how different parts affect performance in different audio software. For example when choosing a CPU, FL Studio favours better single core performance rather than multiple cores for music production; where as every workstation build recommends more cores over individual performance. They could also look at bounce times and even come up with some type of audio workstation stress test where they load in a bunch of plugins and samples and see what how it goes.

I know the short answer here is pretty straightforward, 'buy a decent Intel CPU' but it would be awesome to see audio workstations represented in some fashion and to have some more info on how different parts affect audio specific performance.

Cheers :)

I don't think anyone in their company knows much about audio beyond "these headphones sound good"

Last time they tried to do a custom speaker build it ended horribly, and their techquickie about speakers called the midrange driver a woofer and the woofer a subwoofer.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The problem is that no one at LMG know anything about audio. They have even acknowledged that with recent recruitment ad where they ask for editor/camera persons or writers who would be interested/experienced with audio. They had professional audio people come and do WAN show audio for them.

Honestly, if you have watched their videos, more so with WAN, this should already be clear. They don't know audio at all. Nothing. They know just how to lower volume and gain, and thats all.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv