Keep PSU outside or inside case?

Yo Whats Up

So, I recently won an evga g2 1000w psu from an ebay auction, got it for very cheap and it works great, I'm very happy from it, I didn't buy it cuz I needed one, just cuz it was so cheap, I could have gotten away with something cheaper for sure, but anyway, it doesn't fit into my case, at least not without removing my bottom fan, and even then I'm not sure if the motherboard will survive, cuz the psu is just so wide... So I kept it outside of the case, a bonus being that my cooler no longer fights with the side panel for territory, idk how it affects temperatures but I've removed my 120mm back fan that was previously outside of the case taped with duct tape :D, normally it's supposed to be inside the case, but since the lucifer k2 cooler is so big there isn't any space for it, I removed the fan cuz now that my side panel is open, I read that the air flow or something like that is weakened, like a straw with a hole on it, so I decided to remove to fan, and now it's really quiet, when not gaming I set my 2 120mm fans, one at the bottom and one at the front, to spin at around 360 rpm and 430 rpm, even tho they're the same fans, for some reason on 40% in speedfan, they both spin at those different speeds, at 35% or below they stop spinning, 0 rpm, maybe I shouldn't have bought 24v fans... The cpu fan spins at 650 rpm when at 0% in speedfan, which is the lowest it can get, apparently. My gpu fans lowest speed is 27%, it spins at 860 rpm. And generally whenever I'm doing something that would require the fans to go faster, I'm using my earbuds which make anything completely unhearable. My 2 case and cpu fans are set manually, but since nothing heats up my cpu when not gaming enough to have to increase the speed of the cpu fan, I just leave it like that, only increase the speed of those 3 fans when I'm gaming. The gpu fan is controlled automatically, but it's pretty lenient at the lower temperatures in terms of fan curve, don't want to hear the sound of the fans at 35c, right? Anyway back to the case, is it better for me to leave it like it is currently, psu outside, open side panel, a front and a bottom fan, or should I remove the bottom fan and try to somehow smash the psu with all the cables into the case, and no longer have a bottom fan and I'll be left only with my front and cpu fans, but I'll be able to close the side panel, even tho it will be slightly bent cuz of the pressure from the cpu cooler, but still fully closed, as in no air gaps or anything, just like normal? Also there's no way I'm going to put that back fan ever again, it was the main source of the noise cuz it was outside the case, and there's no space for it inside, now that I've gotten used to the quietness, I'm not going back... But also if I close the side panel, it's going to get even quieter, so that's another bonus, what do you guys think? Oh yeah and here are pics so you can see what's going on - https://imgur.com/a/1GatwLr

“Every post deserves a meme„

–Confucius

If your PSU is fine and not trash I wouldn't bother

My life

Well, the most obvious issue is that you have the PSU fan face down on the ground so it's not able to suck air in to cool the PSU.

I would remove the bottom case fan, since it's probably not doing a lot anyway, and install the PSU properly in the case. Also looks like the case is flat against the ground, so maybe get some rubber stoppers or something to lift it up off the ground half an inch or so to allow for some air flow.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1) 1000W??? WHY?? For that System it looks like a short 450W would be more than enough

2) time for a new case

3) and you might want a new case

4) Fan should be in a way that it fans meaning airflow must not be obstructed...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

46 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Well, the most obvious issue is that you have the PSU fan face down on the ground so it's not able to suck air in to cool the PSU.

I would remove the bottom case fan, since it's probably not doing a lot anyway, and install the PSU properly in the case. Also looks like the case is flat against the ground, so maybe get some rubber stoppers or something to lift it up off the ground half an inch or so to allow for some air flow.

Lol I didn't even notice the fan is facing the floor :D I flipped it and it turns out it's not even running, I'm using eco mode which apparently stops the fan when it's not needed or something like that. When I turned eco mode off, it started spinning and damn is it noisy!!! I'm gonna keep it with eco on, interestingly enough, I've been using it for like a month and I've never once had the fun turn on, I know this cuz it's very noisy, there's no way I don't hear something like this, unless I was gaming (with my earbuds on) But anyway, it's now flipped so if the fan wants to run in eco mode, it's free to do so without being blocked by the floor :D Thanks for pointing that out! Also, my case has those 4 tiny circle-like things on the corners that keep it afloat, 2 of them are broken but I've manually put them there, nothing quite annoys me more than accidentally pushing the case and it falling flat on one side and having to manually put the 2 things back on their positions in the corners again...

42 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

1) 1000W??? WHY?? For that System it looks like a short 450W would be more than enough

2) time for a new case

3) and you might want a new case

4) Fan should be in a way that it fans meaning airflow must not be obstructed...

I told u, I won it in an auction for 84 pounds, or equivalent to 97 euro in today's currency exchange rates. I was gonna buy corsair cx450w cuz it's cheap and apparently does the job, and it costs about half the price of what I bought the evga g2 1000w for, but the evga g2 1000w costs a lot more brand new so I was lured by how cheap it was, but that's not my main excuse, my main one is that in the old tier list of psus which I used at the time of buying it 

the evga g2 was in tier 1, which was the highest tier, so I thought "I'm gonna have the best psu possible, there's no better psu as this is tier 1 and tier 1 is the highest tier, it can't get better than this, and also super cheap? Later cx450!" 

And now that tier list 3.0 was released and it crushed all my hopes and dreams with the evga g2 not being the highest possible tier, but oh well... And yes I know there are some differences between different psus in the same tier but overall if they're in the same tier that means they're similar enough in how good they are so this didn't matter much to me (that there might a better psu in the same tier, which was obvious cuz the evga g2 is gold and there's even platinum and titanium ratings which are made only for the most expensive of psus)

On the bright side, I won't have to upgrade my psu in the next year or two :D And there's 10 years warranty, obviously less remaining now, by evga, and evga is known for their customer support, so this one was a pretty safe buy as far as ebay buys go... Seriously, I've gotten so many SUPER cheap stuff from ebay at 40-50% the price of brand new that work PERFECTLY, what is there to complain? For example I got a cheap acer vg236he 3d 120hz 1080p tn monitor, for just 80 euro! Seller said it's 4 years old and has no issues, and he is right! Ebay is the gold mine for pc components, if you know when and what to look for. Anyway that's why I bought the evga g2 1000w...

Now, about a new case, idk, it will cost money... Is it required? Like, you say I need a new case, you say it twice, so you put extra importance of saying that I need a new case, but you don't say why? I mean obviously this case is smaller than I'd want, but it's not that cheap either, so a better case would likely be rather expensive? Cases might actually be the safest component to buy used, it's just a bunch of metal, it can't suddenly stop working, right? Unless the metal decides to explode somehow...

Also about the fans, yeah you're right, they should not be obstructing the airflow, but honestly idk how to make them not do that... And the cables aren't helping either... They're everywhere... If I do manage to put my psu in the case, it'll be all cables in there...

Also I like ur new pic

“Every post deserves a meme„

–Confucius

4 minutes ago, Yo Whats Up said:

And there's 10 years warranty

Nope.

https://www.evga.com/warranty/power-supplies/

Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase from a reseller. The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.

Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this warranty so long as the original product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011.

The length of the Transferable Limited Warranty is determined by Product according to the suffix associated with each Product's identification number as set forth below and will be measured beginning from Product's original date of shipment from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller:

• 3 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -K0, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5, -K6, -K7, -K8, -K9, -KR, -KB, -KA, -KF, -GR, -SR, -V0, -V1, -V2, -V3, -V4, -V5, -V6, -V7, -V8, -V9, -VR, -Y0, -Y1, -Y2, -Y3, -Y4, -Y5, -Y6, -Y7, -Y8, -Y9, -X0, -X1, -X2, -X3, -X4, -X5, -X6, -X7, -X8, -X9, -XR
  • 2 Year Transferable Limited Warranty Product Suffixes: -L0, -L1, -L2, -L3, -L4, -L5, -L6, -L7, -L8, -L9 -LR

Products described by the following suffixes are not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty: -B1, -BR, -BX, -DR, -RX, -RB

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450