Change Fan speed with controller hub

YouColdYet

Is there anyway I could slow down the fan speed ? It's connected to a hub and not my motherboard... My fans only had 4 pins and my motherboard only have 3 pins header. 

What hub is it? Where its connected to? 4pins means PWM. There are only few controllers which have support for PWM fans. You would need to control that as 3pin fan. Don't worry, they are interconnectable while you ofc can't use PWM on DC/3pin header. You can still control fans with DC, if your mobo supports that. If its modern one (3 years or newer) then it does for sure.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/6/2019 at 4:51 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

What hub is it? Where its connected to? 4pins means PWM. There are only few controllers which have support for PWM fans. You would need to control that as 3pin fan. Don't worry, they are interconnectable while you ofc can't use PWM on DC/3pin header. You can still control fans with DC, if your mobo supports that. If its modern one (3 years or newer) then it does for sure.

haha turns out it cant be controlled because the fans has 5 pins so does the hub and the amazon page said that the cant control fan speed so its good.