Upgrade Vs. New Build

Currently, I have a Prebuilt I am trying to fix, I have sunk $80 into and need to purchase a new $50 MicroAtx motherboard to finally make it post. At this point, it has yet to post and I have replaced the Ram and power supply. The current specs are an AMD A10 7800, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 1 Tb HDD, and no GPU and it was an ASUS M32 pre-built. I do not know if the CPU works or not. I would like some advice if I should scrap the build for parts or just build a new system at this point. Any advice will be helpful. :)

You can put your money towards better things for sure, I'd stop trying and buy a new system

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

You can put your money towards better things for sure, I'd stop trying and buy a new system

What would be a good System to build with the parts I already have that work? (Cheap would be very preferable)

1 minute ago, BrokenHardDrive said:

What would be a good System to build with the parts I already have that work? (Cheap would be very preferable)

For under 300 you can get onto the Ryzen platform, it has great cheap performance.

Then you can reuse your case, hard drive, power supply (maybe, depending which model)

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I’m in the same situation as you Broken Hard Drive and I’m deciding just to go for a full on upgrade

13 minutes ago, BrokenHardDrive said:

Am I goin to have a hard time selling the CPU since the motherboard is bricked, so I can't really see if it works or not? Should I even try to sell it?

10 minutes ago, BrokenHardDrive said:

Am I goin to have a hard time selling the CPU since the motherboard is bricked, so I can't really see if it works or not? Should I even try to sell it?

Someone might budge, just put it up for cheap.