Connecting second monitor to motherboard even thougt I have a gpu

Vod

So I have a second monitor I would like to connect to my pc, but that monitor only has vga, I have an rx 580 so it doesn't have vga, but I have an motherboard with vga, what should I do?

The cpu has an igpu if that means something, and I don't have the time (don't ask why) to buy an adapter if one even exists. 

Thanks! 

1 minute ago, Vod said:

So I have a second monitor I would like to connect to my pc, but that monitor only has vga, I have an rx 580 so it doesn't have vga, but I have an motherboard with vga, what should I do?

The cpu has an igpu if that means something, and I don't have the time (don't ask why) to buy an adapter if one even exists. 

Thanks! 

plug the monitor in and enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, slashqpbyte said:

plug the monitor in and enjoy it.

Is it really that simple?

And can I plug the vga into the mobo even if the pc is powered on?

if your motherboard has onboard graphics and you have an apu, yeah, I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Just now, Vod said:

And can I plug the vga into the mobo even if the pc is powered on?

... I guess? its best practice to power it off first.

I've just tried plugging the vga into the motherboard and nothing happened

8 minutes ago, Vod said:

I've just tried plugging the vga into the motherboard and nothing happened

First things first, Quote people so they know you are replying to them, but you may have to enable it in the Computers BIOS. Im not 100% sure but I think there may be a setting

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

2 minutes ago, Maxisthemoose said:

First things first, Quote people so they know you are replying to them, but you may have to enable it in the Computers BIOS. Im not 100% sure but I think there may be a setting

I recall seeing something about that myself. Also you may have to go into your 'display settings' and configure your monitor.

Just now, slashqpbyte said:

I recall seeing something about that myself. Also you may have to go into your 'display settings' and configure your monitor.

Thats also very possible, it might just be the monitor. I suggest looking in the BIOS first though.

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

Already tried that

3 minutes ago, Maxisthemoose said:

you may have to enable it in the Computers BIOS. Im not 100% sure but I think there may be a setting

I think you mean enabling the igpu, but I have an asrock bios (witch are bad) and I've looked for the igpu to enable it but I didn't find the option

Just now, Vod said:

Already tried that

I think you mean enabling the igpu, but I have an asrock bios (witch are bad) and I've looked for the igpu to enable it but I didn't find the option

whats your motherboard model? and what bios version do you have?

Just now, Vod said:

hmm. I don't have an IGPU myself so I'm not going to be the most helpful when it comes to this kind of thing. Have you tried looking it up on google?

whats your motherboard model? and what bios version do you have?

I have an asrock b450m hdv, I'm not sure about the bios version

Just now, Vod said:

I have an asrock b450m hdv, I'm not sure about the bios version

*nods* and are you sure the monitor still works? just trying to rule things out.

*nods* and are you sure the monitor still works? just trying to rule things out.

Yes it works

10 minutes ago, Vod said:

Yes it works

image.png.1ed993497f3f5006f00464b7e4212e28.png

Under primary video adapter, you might want to change it from PEG, to auto, or something else. Do you have the recommended onboard graphics drivers installed?

Just now, Glenwing said:

What CPU are you using?

r5 2400g

4 minutes ago, slashqpbyte said:

image.png.1ed993497f3f5006f00464b7e4212e28.png

You might want to change it from PEG, to auto, or something else. Do you have the recommended onboard graphics drivers installed?

im gonna do that now

I've tried  what slashqpbyte said and it worked, but the screens are flipped, like the one on my right screen is detected like screen #1 and the one on the left  is detected as #2, and the monitor I added now is a bit lower quality

Just now, Vod said:

I've tried  what slashqpbyte said and it worked, but the screens are flipped, like the one on my right screen is detected like screen #1 and the one on the left  is detected as #2, and the monitor I added now is a bit lower quality

Ok i've fixed the switched screens problem but now the one I added is a litle worse quality

Just now, Vod said:

again, double check your drivers are up-to date, than you can play with the screen configurations with your display settings manager.

1 minute ago, slashqpbyte said:

again, double check your drivers are up-to date, than you can play with the screen configurations with your display settings manager.

I'm downloading the drivers for the onboard vega graphics now