Budget PC Build (i3 8100 RX 570)

I just wanna see people's opinions on my build (anything you would replace, add or remove completely as well as other comments). This setup is just to play CS:GO and RB6, so i'm not trying to get a AAA contender, just a nice rig to muck around on.

CPU

Intel i3 - 8100

GPU

Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 Gaming 4GB

MOBO

Gigabyte H310M S2P Micro

RAM

Patriot Viper Elite 1x8GB DDR4

HDD

Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB

PSU

Corsair VS Series 450w

CASE

Thermaltake Versa H18 Glass 

COOLING

Cooler Master R4-S2S-124K-GP 4pk

If you could try and get 2 4gb sticks of ram so that you could run it in dual channel

and an ssd would be great if you can squeeze it into your budget alongside the hdd.

Other then that the system looks pretty good

53 minutes ago, GITGAMING said:

If you could try and get 2 4gb sticks of ram so that you could run it in dual channel

and an ssd would be great if you can squeeze it into your budget alongside the hdd.

Other then that the system looks pretty good

Just remember that the SSD won't help with Fps only with loading times so if you really can't afford it don't push yourself. The 4x2 ram is nice tho.

Thank's for all the reply's, but I am planning in a few years to get another 8gb stick and an SSD down the track.

• 1 month later...

If all you'll be playing are RB6 and CSGO, there's a few options. You could save $30 and pick up a Ryzen 3 2200G which performs very similarly to an Intel i3 and should work great with a RX 570.

Another route you could take is get a Ryzen 5 2400G which has a pretty decent Vega 11 integrated gpu. That way you wouldn't even NEED to buy a graphics card, but could always pick one up at a later time. No, it won't give you RX 570 levels of performance but it will be more than enough to play CSGO and esports titles at around 50-60 fps on medium-high settings. The nice thing about Ryzen is the CPU/iGPU respond very nicely to overclocking and I've read countless threads with users getting around 10% better performance out of them. Overall, this route would save you around $140 and the games would still be very playable.

Intel i3 - $129.99

Ryzen 3 2200G -$99.00

Ryzen 5 2400G - $149.99

Rx 570 - $140.00

On 3/7/2019 at 1:41 AM, Nigerian Tech Support said:

Thank's for all the reply's, but I am planning in a few years to get another 8gb stick and an SSD down the track.

1 stick of RAM can absolutely cripple performance in some games, so I'd say either think about investing now in 16GB or just get 2x4GB and then add another 2x4GB later. See here:

Not only is there up to a 65% improvement by using dual channel, but in Shadow of the Tomb raider, single channel drops below 60 FPS and stutters where the dual channel setup maintains above 80 FPS.

Never ever only use 1 stick of RAM, you're taking a huge performance hit for no good reason.