Deepcool gammax 400

I am planning on buying an i9 9900k an I don’t think I will be over clocking it at all but will the Deepcool gammax 400 be enough to cool it if I don’t overclock

You really wanna drop over $500 on a CPU and $20 on a cooler?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

12 minutes ago, nickisgood said:

I am planning on buying an i9 9900k an I don’t think I will be over clocking it at all but will the Deepcool gammax 400 be enough to cool it if I don’t overclock

I mean, sure, but if I were going to sink $500 into a CPU, I'd probably want a cooler that at least gives me the option to overclock down the line.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

15 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

You really wanna drop over $500 on a CPU and $20 on a cooler?

Then I have to work longer to gain money but tell me a good cooler for a good price

2 minutes ago, nickisgood said:

Then I have to work longer to gain money but tell me a good cooler for a good price

It's nice that it's cheap but if you're trying to save in that area then maybe save in another, you can get an i7 9700k and have a lot more room for maybe a better cooler like a pure rock slim. Are your purposes for the CPU gaming related?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It's nice that it's cheap but if you're trying to save in that area then maybe save in another, you can get an i7 9700k and have a lot more room for maybe a better cooler like a pure rock slim. Are your purposes for the CPU gaming related?

Yeah I am planning on buying a 2080 too I just want to play games above 144fps (because I have a 144hz momitor) at ultra settings on 1080p and maybe stream sometimes

40 minutes ago, nickisgood said:

Yeah I am planning on buying a 2080 too I just want to play games above 144fps (because I have a 144hz momitor) at ultra settings on 1080p and maybe stream sometimes

the 9700k could likely handle this, and an inexpensive cooler would be more manageable.

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

... for maybe a better cooler like a pure rock slim.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/dominic-moass/be-quiet-pure-rock-slim-cooler-review/5/

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/be_quiet_pure_rock_slim_cpu_cooler_review,7.html

PRS is actually one of the worst non-top down air coolers in the market.

3 minutes ago, hello_there_123 said:

it's by no means amazing but it's not as cheap as the gammax 400. Although I personally feel like if you have to cheap out it's not a bad option, at the $30 price point. Otherwise a any dark rock cooler does much better.

Primary PC:

25 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

it's by no means amazing but it's not as cheap as the gammax 400. Although I personally feel like if you have to cheap out it's not a bad option, at the $30 price point. Otherwise a any dark rock cooler does much better.

It's worse than the gammaxx 400. Just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it's better. Also, you could get a far superior Windale 4 at that price point (no, screw the Freezer 33) 

I actually have the gammax 400 cooler for my r7 1700... bought it cause its cheap, ill upgrade soon(going AIO when i do my rig upgrades soon) but it keeps it fairly cool. Idle temps with overclock from 3ghz to 3.8ghz are typically 30c... gaming 45c-55c usually. Its not a worldbeater or anything but for $20 its not bad if you dont plan any extreme overclocks

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000